“Easy access to everything”

Quest Atrium Wellington
Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand
“Easy access to everything”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Lovely to find such a nice room with all the facilities needed when away from home. The room was very neat and clean with a kitchenette, dishwasher and washing/dryer machine. The only complaint we have is the room we had was facing the atrium and was very dark with no natural light getting in, and the hot water cylinder is very small and only one person could shower before the hot water ran out.
Access to the main shopping area was as easy as walking across the road and through the James Cook Hotel. It was very easy to get to the main attractions, and entertainment that Wellington has to offer.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: This room is perfect if you're not looking to spend to much time in there, it has everything tha...

1 Thank DyslexiaFreedom
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi, thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and our handy location

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Finnish first
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very surprised to find such a nice room with all the facilities any vacationer may like and need, very neat and clean with a kitchenette and all its facilities and even a washing/dryer machine!! It’s close to main attractions, entertainments and business centers at just a short walk. Staff is very friendly and helpful. You get very satisfied when you obtain what you pay for and the prices are affordable. Surely enough if it happens for me to come back to Wellington I will make my bookings in this nice hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi, thanks for your very friendly review, it's good to hear that you enjoyed our great facilities and accommodation, and we look forward to hosting you next time you are in Wellington
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I needed to urgently book accommodation as my other accommodation wasn't working out. I called first thing in the morning. Reception transferred me to an operator staff who then told me, they will get them to call me back. They didn't. I then called back after 20 minutes.

I spoke to a girl called Kelsey.A and she was so lovely and let me and 2 other people check in before the check-in time(2pm) in fact we got to check in around 11.30am. Which was a life saver. Kelsey from went beyond and met all our expectations. If we had any problems, she would fix it ASAP and she also let us check out at 11.30(am) which meant we didn't have to leave to go to the airport earlier.

We had a couple of friends over for a few sneaky drinks, before heading out to a night in town. We didn't get any complaints with noise. Our 2 bedroom apartment was amazing. The location is good too.

Only low point of it, the hot water ran out in 10mins. So only one person got to have a shower and a dirty dish was in with the clean dishes. But that could be anyone's mistakes.

I had a pleasant stay and would 100% recommend it. I have actually stayed here many times before and still love it.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mha21
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi, thanks for your great feedback. Kelsey is indeed a great asset to our team! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to accommodating you again on your next trip to Wellington
Hastings, New Zealand
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Loved its proximity to central Wellington, room very nice facing The Terrace, reception very helpful. Great to have parking underneath (at extra cost) Surprisingly quiet
Didn't think bed very comfortable, could do with a firmer mattress
Although we didn't use the kitchen much thought all the facilities, ie cook top, oven, dishwasher and washing machine very good

Room Tip: I think rooms facing to outside ie rather than atrium are quieter

1 Thank GayeR35
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Hi, thanks for your positive feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with Quest Atrium. We certainly have a great location, especially with the handy shortcut through to Lambton Quay! We look forward to hosting you again when you are next in Wellington.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Not only were the rooms dated but there was a pair of mens dirty underwear left in the room from a previous guests, left just in sight by the heater. I didn't have all the kitchen equipment required and twice my patio doors were left open and unlocked. The best thing about staying here were the friendly staff on reception, other than that, a let down to the Quest brand. I will not be recommending this Quest to friends and family.

3 Thank SJWMc
Hi, I am sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations, but glad that our location and helpful staff were able to mitigate that somewhat. The sequence of events regarding the underwear is a mystery, but unacceptable, and I have spoken to our housekeeping team. Our 1 bed apartments are usually considered spacious rather than small, and the room you had was refurbished last year, so I apologise if you were disappointed.

Travelers are raving about these Wellington hotels

Auckland
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Arrived on Monday night and had no TV
Tuesday Not leaned and still not TV
Signing out on Thursday and reception was late coming to work by 20 minutes so arrived at work late accordingly

No Restaurant attached - would have needed to go out to get meals

All in all not happy with this accomodation

1 Thank Dianne M
Hi, I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay with us. Unfortunately there was a building wide cabling issue which meant there wasn't proper TV reception in the building for Freeview, although SKY was unaffected. This took a couple of days to get a technician in to trace and resolve the problem. On your checkout day Reception was opened by our Manager who lives in the building and was in the office by 7. It's possible he was called away briefly to assist another guest. Atrium Towers does not have an on site restaurant, but we do have chargeback options for a range of dining options close by.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I Stayed at Quest Atrium last couple of days on business, great customer service, was met and greeted in a highly professional manner by Chelsea (apologies for the spelling, if wrong) and the house manager Aaron..!! All by the book.

I could see the place has undergone an extensive refurb, the rooms look fantastic with new Furniture, carpet, LCD and bed. The 1-bedrooms I stayed in even had a sofa bed, great if you have an unexpected visitor.

To top it all, free Wi-Fi for the first night Great..!!

I highly recommend this place and thank the staff and management for their excellent customer service.

Rest assured I will definitely be returning and will be recommending the place to others

1 Thank QuestonHobson
Hi,

Many thanks for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are nearing the end of our refurbishment program now, and our guests are enjoying our upgraded rooms, and access to some free internet! We look forward to hosting you again on future business trips to Wellington.