Quest Atrium Wellington
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$123
ibis Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$84
$77
  • Bar/Lounge
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$59
Quest on Johnston(Wellington)
$90
$88
Hotwire.com
All reviewsjames cook hotelbedroom apartmentquieter roomlambton quaywashing machinepool and gymserviced dailyreception staff areself cateringcooking facilitiesthese apartmentscable carlounge areacentral wellingtonhandy locationbed was very comfortablewithin easy walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Location: not bad as it is only walking distance to the city shopping centers, bars and restaurants, close to bus stops as well.
Value for Money: Affordable

We went to Wellington for a short stay and booked a studio at Quest on Atrium. Everything was acceptable except for the garden. I was disappointed that the garden shown in the picture is not an open area, but it is covered one. Tricky eh? Also Quest on Atrium is a non-smoking building, so for smokers this is not the place to stay.

For affordable accomodation stay at Quest on Atrium in Wellington but I don't recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I think probably most hotel rooms in NZ wouldn't allow smoking these days, and our studio apartments are classed as internal rooms, so we can't allow smoking on the balconies. However, all our 1 and 2 bedroom apartments have large external decks, and smokers are welcome to smoke outside on their own decks, where we also provide ashtrays for convenience. We do enable guests to upgrade their bookings on arrival if they wish to, if we have availability, for those to whom easy smoking access is important.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

What a disappointment pics on the Internet looked good but don't be fooled. We have stayed at the quest in Brisbane which was fantastic,this was far from that. The room had stained furniture ,torn dirty curtains. The bathroom roof and shower recess was covered in mould yuk! The only plus is it is in easy walking distance of the city centre. We would not stay here again and could not recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi,

I'm sorry you had a disappointing stay. Following your comments we have given the room a spring clean, but it should not have passed our room inspections as it was, and I have taken this up with our housekeeping team.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at Quest Atrium on a visit to Wellington with friends to watch the All Blacks.
We booked a 2 bedroom apartments and I found the rooms to be well appointed and clean.
Bedding was clean and comfortable, kitchen had everything you needed and it was a great bonus to have a little balcony. Though we were facing the highway, noise wasn't an issue for our group.
Only issue was there was 4 people booked to stay, but only 2 towels in the room on arrival, however reception was quick to resolve this once we called them.
Location is great as you are right in the heart of Wellington and are a close walk to restaurants, shopping, clubs and even Westpac Stadium was only a walk away.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you had a great time and enjoyed your stay in Wellington and the game. From your feedback we have reviewed where place our towels, so that they are easier and more obvious for our guests to find! We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Wellington

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had the 3 bedroom penthouse for the weekend and loved the space and layout. Furniture and décor was nice with plenty of options for heating.
Motorway is a bit noisy for the back facing bedroom but I guess that's what you get in the city.
Nice and easy to get to the centre of the city for shopping and eating.
I would stay here again although may wait for the ground to settle a bit first!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi AuntyChezza, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with Quest Atrium, and thank you for your feedback. The ground was certainly lively whilst you were here, but the building has now been through the 2 recent earthquakes and passed with flying colours, having suffered no damage other than a couple of cracked lobby tiles first time around. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Wellington.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I only stayed in the one bedroom apartment, but in my time there I found the living arrangements to be very spacious. However, there are a few quirks that did bug me. On my very first day, a cabinet door came off its hinges and a living room light had gone out. The bedroom door slides into place, and I found that the stopper comes off very easily. Also the shower door constantly comes off its hinges and the mould had gathered quite significantly.
Maintenance fixed the cabinet door quickly but took four days to change a light bulb. And in doing so, they had moved quite a few of my books and left them on the floor.
While the living conditions are generally agreeable, and the receptionists are lovely and helpful, the maintenance service is very poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit ABOVE the first floor. The street noise is ridiculous.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hi, Thanks for posting your review. I have raised your comments with the housekeeping team, and asked that they always replace guest items if they move anything for cleaning. I have also asked them to be more aware of any lightbulbs that need replacing and let maintenance know. We are in an ongoing process of replacement and refurbishment, and the showers are next in line for some remedial work. Guests are always welcome to ask in advance of arrival for rooms on higher floors if they are concerned about street noise, and we always do our best to accommodate all requests subject to availability. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hosting you again.