“Affordable Accomodaiton in Wellington”

Quest Atrium Wellington
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Location: not bad as it is only walking distance to the city shopping centers, bars and restaurants, close to bus stops as well.
Value for Money: Affordable

We went to Wellington for a short stay and booked a studio at Quest on Atrium. Everything was acceptable except for the garden. I was disappointed that the garden shown in the picture is not an open area, but it is covered one. Tricky eh? Also Quest on Atrium is a non-smoking building, so for smokers this is not the place to stay.

For affordable accomodation stay at Quest on Atrium in Wellington but I don't recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I think probably most hotel rooms in NZ wouldn't allow smoking these days, and our studio apartments are classed as internal rooms, so we can't allow smoking on the balconies. However, all our 1 and 2 bedroom apartments have large external decks, and smokers are welcome to smoke outside on their own decks, where we also provide ashtrays for convenience. We do enable guests to upgrade their bookings on arrival if they wish to, if we have availability, for those to whom easy smoking access is important.

There are newer reviews for Quest Atrium Wellington

Reviewed August 27, 2013

What a disappointment pics on the Internet looked good but don't be fooled. We have stayed at the quest in Brisbane which was fantastic,this was far from that. The room had stained furniture ,torn dirty curtains. The bathroom roof and shower recess was covered in mould yuk! The only plus is it is in easy walking distance of the city centre. We would not stay here again and could not recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi,

I'm sorry you had a disappointing stay. Following your comments we have given the room a spring clean, but it should not have passed our room inspections as it was, and I have taken this up with our housekeeping team.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at Quest Atrium on a visit to Wellington with friends to watch the All Blacks.
We booked a 2 bedroom apartments and I found the rooms to be well appointed and clean.
Bedding was clean and comfortable, kitchen had everything you needed and it was a great bonus to have a little balcony. Though we were facing the highway, noise wasn't an issue for our group.
Only issue was there was 4 people booked to stay, but only 2 towels in the room on arrival, however reception was quick to resolve this once we called them.
Location is great as you are right in the heart of Wellington and are a close walk to restaurants, shopping, clubs and even Westpac Stadium was only a walk away.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hi, thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you had a great time and enjoyed your stay in Wellington and the game. From your feedback we have reviewed where place our towels, so that they are easier and more obvious for our guests to find! We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Wellington

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had the 3 bedroom penthouse for the weekend and loved the space and layout. Furniture and décor was nice with plenty of options for heating.
Motorway is a bit noisy for the back facing bedroom but I guess that's what you get in the city.
Nice and easy to get to the centre of the city for shopping and eating.
I would stay here again although may wait for the ground to settle a bit first!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi AuntyChezza, We are glad you enjoyed your stay with Quest Atrium, and thank you for your feedback. The ground was certainly lively whilst you were here, but the building has now been through the 2 recent earthquakes and passed with flying colours, having suffered no damage other than a couple of cracked lobby tiles first time around. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Wellington.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I only stayed in the one bedroom apartment, but in my time there I found the living arrangements to be very spacious. However, there are a few quirks that did bug me. On my very first day, a cabinet door came off its hinges and a living room light had gone out. The bedroom door slides into place, and I found that the stopper comes off very easily. Also the shower door constantly comes off its hinges and the mould had gathered quite significantly.
Maintenance fixed the cabinet door quickly but took four days to change a light bulb. And in doing so, they had moved quite a few of my books and left them on the floor.
While the living conditions are generally agreeable, and the receptionists are lovely and helpful, the maintenance service is very poor.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit ABOVE the first floor. The street noise is ridiculous.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Hi, Thanks for posting your review. I have raised your comments with the housekeeping team, and asked that they always replace guest items if they move anything for cleaning. I have also asked them to be more aware of any lightbulbs that need replacing and let maintenance know. We are in an ongoing process of replacement and refurbishment, and the showers are next in line for some remedial work. Guests are always welcome to ask in advance of arrival for rooms on higher floors if they are concerned about street noise, and we always do our best to accommodate all requests subject to availability. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband had stayed at Quest apartments on business before (but not this particular one) so we thought it would be a good place to stay for a couple of days in Wellington with our daughter. It was okay, just okay. We had a 2 bedroom apartment. Good location, handy to everything, well laid out. But overall it just felt a bit tired and shabby. The bathroom was quite dark - no windows and only 1 light. No mirror in the master bedroom.
We slept well in the master bedroom, which was located in the middle of the apartment, so no external walls. Our daughter's room faced the atrium and every time someone came out of the lift the light went on right outside her window, which was a bit annoying, but perhaps this couldn't be helped.
In hindsight, we could have done better with our accomodation, and I wouldn't go back here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
questatrium, Public Relations Manager at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. Our location is indeed very central and handy for everything. Quest is part of the Atrium Towers building, and we are working with the Body Corporate around upgrading the common areas as we are aware that they need some improvement. Within the apartments we are on the latter stages of a refurbishment, with the bathrooms the next areas for remedial work. I note your comment on the hallway light into the bedroom, thanks for bringing that to our attention, we will investigate an appropriate solution.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I recently booked a room here for the duration of my stay while giving a lecture at Victoria University. The stay was planned to coincide with a family visit back to Australia (coming from the US). A major reason for the visit was to see my older sister who had been battling ovarian cancer. It was she who suggested a May/June visit would be best. In fact, in April she took a dramatic turn for the worse, was hospitalized, and died a short time later. I was able to change my airline ticket and flew home to be with her. All this was about five weeks prior to the original dates I had booked for the trip.

When I approached the booking agency through whom I made the original room reservation to cancel the original booking I was told that when Booking.com approached Quest Atrium with my request to cancel the reservation they were told as follows (I quote verbatim): 'Unfortunately in this case the hotel was unable to accept the cancellation, and will charge the total amount of the reservation.'

I then wrote directly to the hotel, saying that, although I understood the hotel policy, surely there was a compassionate exception. It was bad enough to deal with the death of my sister, but to have to face the intransigence of a company that cites charitable causes on its website while denying what is surely a compassionate exception was really too galling.

I offered to show them proof of my sister's death, to no avail. Best of all, the hotel emailed me when I didn't show up on the night of the original booking to ask whether I still wanted the room.

Shame, shame, shame.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jmcinern
questatrium, Owner at Quest Atrium Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear jmcinerm,

I am sorry you felt the need to post this review. I did write to you personally and at length offering our condolences and explaining our position. I also suggested you claim a refund from your travel insurance. There were fully refundable rates available to you at the time you made your booking, but you opted for the non-refundable heavily discounted rates. However, In view of your particular circumstances I also offered to transfer your booking to any alternative available dates this year, which I did not need to do. I apologise for the email from our reception staff, but I did not hear back from you and so did not know if you were going to continue with the cancellation, as generally guests who need to change their plans but have a non-refundable rate either continue with their booking or pass it on to friends or family to use, which we accept.