“value for money,centrally located”

Quest On The Terrace
DELHI
“value for money,centrally located”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

very centrally loacated, good accomodation with all facilities , full kitchen,laundry. Looks refurbished recently.Responsive staff.Had booked a 1.5 bedroom unit. expressed unhappiness at the same being too small. Was upgraded to a twop bedroom the next day.Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 29, 2011

My receptionist booked the Quest on the Terrace for me in error as I had requested to stay at Quest Atrium about 100 metres up the road. She gave my credit card details to confirm the reservation which was a special internet deal that included broadband access in my room. I subsequently had to argue the case to get this as they wanted to charge me extra for internet access. The room was large, very sparsly furnished, run down but clean.

On my last night I stopped at reception at about 7pm to ask what time reception opened in the morning as I had to leave before 7am. I was told reception opened at 7am so I asked if I could settle my account there & then. I handed over my credit card & the receptionist processed the payment & gave me the print out from the eftpos machine. I asked for a GST receipt as it was a business trip. The receptionist then discovered that my credit card had already been charged for the full amount of my stay upoon booking. This was never communicated to me. I asked for a refund of the extra transaction only to be told that the owner was the only person who could do this & he would process it tomorrow. As I was leaving early the next morning, I said this was not good enough but this got me nowhere. So I then asked for a copy of both GST receipts so at least I hadsome evidence that my credit card had been charged twice. The receptionist was only able to give me a receipt for the 2nd transaction, not the one that they had processed at the time of booking!! I resorted to asking the receptionist to write a note explaining what had happened with his name & signature on it.

I agree with other reviews The Quest Terrace is not worth it - there are plenty of other places that are nicer & better value.
I wish that I had read trip advisor before - will definitely do so in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Wellington hotels

georgina
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We arrived just after 5pm on Labour holiday Monday,No one was at the desk , so we called on the house phone .We gave our name and the manager gave us the code for the lock box to get our key. We go to our room and is lovely, lots of room and clean. We went for a walk , came back to make dinner and someone is opening our door. Apperantly we have there room,that a shocker that was . We went down to the lobby and called the manager , he said that was not our room and we had to get out . I had a booked reservation with booking.com .The hotel I guess doesn't check there e-mails.I had to prove on my own , in my files that I did have a booked room,( he didn't except the booking # I had) After a while we got another room. 9pm at night we are finally making dinner ,and not to impressed... The next morning I go down to see where to park , the man gives me a paper of where to park #30 turn left ,then left again . I did that ,apperantly that was wrong, because on our bus tour an hour later they called and said our car was going to be towed if we didn't get back NOW. OMG your kidding -right .. Anyway, we get a cab from the zoo, which is 15min or so, and the car is towed...LOVELY.He said I parked in the wrong #30 ..( I'm convinced this is a huge scam) We were not to be charged for the room for both nights,i have a letter from the manager proving it , I get home to Canada and guess what ?? My credit card is charged.Booking .com says the hotel will contact me, we'll see .I will get my money back !! We were in New Zealand for 32 days from Queenstown to Auckland ,It was the most amazing trip ever,Except That Hotel, They would just argue that I was wrong about everything I did or said. I am not a complainer and have travelled extensively, and have never ever had an experience like this .All I can say is LIVE & LEARN. Don't go here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurel1
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Had booked & paid for a 2 bedroom apartment & a studio as we were visiting Wellington with 4 teenage grandchildren. When we checked in were told that there were no 2 bedroom apartments available & we could have 3 studios. Not what we wanted or had paid for. Asked to be moved to another Quest but this was not possible. Ended up with a "Junior Suite" & 1 bedroom. The rooms were shabby, dirty & not nice at all. I was one very unhappy camper. Requested a refund of the difference between the cost of a 2 bedroom & what we ended up with so will be interested to see if that happens. I urge you to avoid this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank janice_mitchell
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed October 25, 2011

There i s new appliance and friendly staff.great location.reception staff helpful

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Visakhapatnam, India
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Quest on terrace is a serviced apartment style of hotel one street behind the Main downtown of wellington .Almost everything is in walking distance
The rooms are equipped with kitchen

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Our two bedroom apartment had a long list of faults, not least a dishwasher full of mould, doors that would not lock and a broken cooker hood.

I asked to be moved to another room, not possible I was told.

After emailing the manager, got a refund for the cost of one night's stay out of three.

Do not stay here, stay at Quest on Lambton. Stayed there before and it is much better.

• Stayed August 2011