“Fell in love all over again”

Comfort Hotel Wellington
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked my room online at a great price . I stayed here from the 25th October till the 30th in room 308! After my initital booking i had some other enquiries and emailed the hotel. They replied almost immediately, helped me with what i needed, nothing was too much trouble. I could tell during these emails that i made a good choice. Great customer service! Upon arrival the staff were friendly, happy, helpful again displaying good customer service and people skills and well groomed. Check in and out was easy & no fuss. I was impressed. The foyer / lobby area was immaculate, I cannot fault this hotel from the staff to the rooms. My room was serviced daily and it was really serviced...no half hearted job done here. 10/10 for the retractable clothes line in the shower , the shower wash and shampoo that was supplied was nice too. A full mini bar ( which i did not use ) iron,ironing board, hairdryer, coffee, tea etc..around near the lift was the laundry and a bathroom...for those who wanted a bath instead of a shower. Even this was immaculate. My room was quiet and very comfy. There is a dining area ( i did not use ) and a cafe attached ( i did use good coffee and again nice staff ). The hotel has free net half hour daily i thought was fantastic. Just enough time to check in with family and do the important things that couldnt wait till i arrived home ( im there to relax not sit at a computer for my entire stay). Location - PERFECT ( for me). surrounded by cafes, restaurants, pubs etc...lots of eating choices close by.A good walk to New world, Cable car and Te Papa. I had no intentions on ever revisiting Wellington ( my last trip there was 6 years ago and i left with a sour taste toward this Capital City) but that all changed the minute i walked into this hotel. It is amazing how good people skills can change your whole outlook - i have now fallen in love with Wellington.So much so im completing my studies mid next year and will look at relocating from Aus to Wellington with my kids.Im glad i chose this hotel and am already planning my next girls weekend and this hotel is definately my choice of stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank brightnbubbly
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear brightnbubbly,
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the future.
Olivier

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just your basic hotel room, simple and clean, bar was well stocked, wifi is free (though check with reception, welcome pack states it's in rooms but we had to go to the bar), and in a prime location in the CBD. We couldn't hear any noise form the street, but we had a massive room in front of our window so that was probably blocking the noise.

Noise does carry down the halls though, my boyfriend who was in reception on the ground floor could hear me moaning about the smell of his clothes on the first floor in the laundry room! Also, a group of women were shrieking for a few minutes late at night, something to do with a phone, but I was only half awake and they shut up pretty quickly.

Get in at the bar for happy hour, beers $5 :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Good morning kiwilovestravel,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular the size of the CQ Quality Hotel Suites, indeed these are one of biggest in town.
I wish you good luck for winning this amazing brand new Suzuki Swift Sport! Please note, you will receive an entry for every booking you make up until November 30th 2012.
I look forward to welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the near future.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was an amazing place for the price I paid to discover Wellington, almost everything was in walking distance from the Hotel. The street it is on has so many lovely cafés and more Sushi joints than you can shake a stick at! The room was lovely, the staff were helpful, I just wish I had more time there!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Hi Ruairi77
Thank you for your reviews of CQ Hotels Wellington. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The team takes great pride in the service they deliver and I was pleased to share your comments with them. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again soon.
Regards

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in October. Whilst the location is great for restaurants and tourist attractions the room we had was terrible.
We could only just fit 2 of us and our 2 suitcases and hand luggage bags in the room and resorted to putting one of the cases and the rucksacks on the tiny desk as we could only fit one case in the wardrobe. The bed was a small double at best and took up 3/4 of the room and was possibly the most uncomfortable bed I have ever tried to sleep in. The room overlooked Cuba Street which was as noisy and lively as its reputation, but not conducive to sleep in a single glazed, ill-fitting windowed room. The bathroom was taller than it was long and was so narrow you have to stand side on to the sink to avoid getting splashed when washing your hands.
The staff on reception were pleasant but not very helpful. It took 2 attempts to get comprehensive directions to get to the hotel car park having just completed a stressful 4 hour drive in bad weather we could've done without driving 3 loops of the surrounding area following incorrect instructions on the first time of asking.
The breakfast was OK, although service finished quite early but the vegetarian options in the restaurant for evening dining were virtually none existent. Fortunately the location is great for a range of restaurants (recommend the flying burrito brothers just down the street).
Whilst selling itself on "character" this hotel would be better served if they were to half the number of rooms by doubling them in size to justify the prices they charge!!
I am disappointed in myself for not kicking up a fuss at the time...too much British reserve perhaps?
I would not recommend the comfort hotel to anyone travelling with more than an overnight bag or anyone wanting a decent nights sleep.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Joanne C,
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience at the CQ Hotels Wellington. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
I have taken careful note of your comment in regards to the size of the room and bathroom. As you noticed, the CQ Comfort Hotel is a prestigious 3 Star Plus Qualmark heritage building dating back to the 1800s. The hotel provides all of the basic necessities, comfortable and well appointed rooms in the middle of a very unique and vibrant heart of the Capital; Cuba Street.
During your next visit in Wellington, you may consider to reserve a room into the adjoining CQ Quality Hotel Wellington, 4 Star Plus Qualmark, all suites are very spacious with Queen size beds and equipped with modern kitchenettes. Adjoining shared facilities with the CQ Quality Hotel Wellington and CQ Comfort Hotel Wellington are an heated indoor pool and spa, fitness room, 24h reception, room service, restaurant, bar and café.
I have also taken careful note of your comment in regards to the limited vegetarian options in our restaurant; this has been forwarded to the Executive Chef for his review. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Joanne, I really appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Regards

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We have just returned from 4 night stay at this hotel. We found the room size suitable for our needs. Having mobility problems I found the access to and in the hotel great as was the bathroom setup. The cleanliness was of a high standard and the staff friendly. Yes good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
QHW, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Faye B,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel facilities. We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington again in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

After spliting my weeks stay between both the Quality and Comfort hotel I spent the final few days in the junior suite which suited my family well. Full cooking facilities, dining area and lounge area with windows facing the street was perfect for my family. The weather was against us with strong winds but isn't that what Wellington is known for ;) Each bedroom having its own bathroom was a huge bonus and the hotel having a guest laundry a dream for a family travelling. Small problem with wifi but was addressed by staff quickly and satisfactorily. Value for money and brilliant location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear ZQNtraveller
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay at CQ Hotels Wellington. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as both hotel facilities.
I will share your comments with the team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to them as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I am looking forward to welcome you back to CQ Hotels Wellington in the near future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

we booked a double room and stayed 2 nights last month. the room was tiny, the bathroom tiny, and we had a double bed(unusual for a hotel)which was uncomfortable. would have been better off sleeping in the railway station. unfortunately wellington was full to capacity so there was no where else to go. i would only recommend it if you were a very small person who likes tiny rooms and beds. the hotel room was clean and serviced every day no problems with that.
location of hotel is excellent.

Room Tip: make sure the room has at least twin beds or a queen bed, unless you want an uncomfortable sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear deborah w,
I have taken careful note of your comment in regards to the size of the room and bed configuration. As you noticed, the CQ Comfort Hotel is a prestigious 3 Star Plus Qualmark heritage building dating back to the 1800s. The hotel provides all of the basic necessities, comfortable and well appointed rooms in the middle of a very unique and vibrant heart of the Capital; Cuba Street.