InterContinental Wellington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
  • Room Service
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)
Quest on Johnston(Wellington)
Novotel Wellington(Wellington)
  • Room Service
Park Hotel Lambton Quay(Wellington)
  • Pool
West Plaza Hotel(Wellington)
1,629 results
All reviewsthe club loungechameleon restaurantpre dinner drinksbooked a club roomconcierge staffwake up callan upgradenew zealandcable carharbour viewpillow menubed was very comfortablea bit tiredvalet parkinglocation is excellentbars and restaurantsthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We used to love this hotel. It is in a perfect spot, easily located as the building stands out among the rest, lovely rooms and facilities. All those are still there but the service lets it down. You no longer feel valued but patronised and put up with instead. What was once the best restaurant in town now serves terrible breakfast and over priced, uninspiring dinner. The concierges have minimal knowledge of the city and are unable to offer any directions outside of Lambton Quay. They should all take lessons from the club staff who know how to engage guests with friendly and attentive service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
InterContinentalWgtn, General Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of the shortfalls you experienced, as this is something we take very seriously. Please do not hesitate to contact me at wellington@ihg.com if you wish to discuss these points in further detail. I am however pleased to hear you enjoyed the service delivered by our wonderful Club Lounge Team. We hope to have chance to welcome you back to InterContinental Wellington to further restore your confidence.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel frequently whilst on business in NZ. It is a pleasant hotel in a central location. The rooms are large and comfortable with a desk that gives a view of the entire room including TV with a bed that is very comfortable and a couple of lounge chairs. The bathroom is very functional and the toiletries they provide exceed what most hotels provide. The hotel is centrally located in the CBD, but is also close to the waterfront with many people utilising the running tracks nearby. The gym is well also well equipped. The restaurants are very good with a number of choices in the hotel and nearby. The staff are very helpful without really going the extra mile. The Internet seems okay and was included in my room rate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review. The team and I are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and had the chance to experience our many facilities; including our Emerge Health Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Capital City and InterContinental Wellington again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent hotel good location. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms very good. Nice pool. Excellent restaurants nearby especially Shed 5 which is just across the road from the hotel. Concierge very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. The team and I were delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay and the 5 star service provided. We look forward to welcoming to welcoming you back to InterContinental Wellington in the near future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Good sized room, although a little dated, no complaints about the room. The hotel is centrally located, I was on level 2 and there was a bit of street noise.
The concierge staff were very friendly and helpful, the woman who seated us at breakfast was not, in fact she didnt even say good morning. Overall nothing wrong with the hotel but for the price I think you could get better.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed our central location and the service delivered by our Concierge team. I am however disappointed to hear this service was not continued during your breakfast; please rest assured this is not at all indicative of our usual high standards and for this I am sincerely sorry. We do hope to have the chance to welcome you back to InterContinental Wellington to further restore your confidence.
Kind regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stay here reasonably regularly. Service from staff is always attentive and this stay was no exception. Rooms are being done up which is good to see as they were getting dated. Always get a good sleep with great beds and pillow options.
Only gripe was that there was no hot drink or coffee service in the lobby the Friday night we were there. Couldn't understand this at all. Does the hotel only have one coffee machine for expresso coffee?

Room Tip: Harbour views are great. Otherwise you look onto office blocks.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank blowenz
InterContinentalWgtn, General Manager at InterContinental Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your recent review. I am glad to hear you enjoy the 5 star service delivered by our fantastic team and that this stay was no exception. I am also pleased you enjoy our range of pillow options we offer when staying at the hotel. As for the coffee incident please accept my sincere apologies, we have not come across this issue before so I will be sure to investigate this with the appropriate manager. Please do not hesitate to contact me further at wellington@ihg.com so I may speak with you in further detail.
Best regards,