I fully agree with other reviewers that the décor in this hotel is dated and most definitely in need of an upgrade, but once you get past that, you find yourself staying in a really comfortable, convenient hotel with helpful and friendly staff, and it would be a shame to miss out just based on some out of date furnishings.
We stayed on club level, which I think has coloured my experience, as the amenities available were first class. Our deal included unlimited free wifi, free valet parking and all the facilities in the club lounge. You could choose to either have breakfast in the lounge or go down to the main Chameleon restaurant. We ate in the restaurant, and had a really superb buffet breakfast each day. In the club lounge you can also have afternoon tea - this was a real treat, served while you relax in comfort enjoying the view overlooking the harbour. The sandwiches, cakes and scones were beautifully presented and very fresh. The staff in the club lounge are very attentive, and can't do enough for you. In the early evening you can enjoy drinks and snacks - if you're still hungry after the huge breakfast and afternoon tea!
The hotel has a small pool, hot tub and sauna as well as a fitness centre, which are all fairly standard, and nothing special. One unexpected benefit here is a guest laundry which was absolutely free; even washing powder was provided.
The location is excellent - a two minute walk from the main shopping centre and the cable car in one direction and all the restaurants on Queen's Wharf in the other. It's also very near the park and only a 10-15 minute walk to the Te Papa museum. It's a short drive to the Interislander ferry. I would stay here again if I am ever lucky enough to return to Wellington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to Wellington's waterfront, InterContinental Wellington is the most centrally-located and experienced global five-star hotel in New Zealand's capital city. It is the seamless and personal service of the team that makes your Wellington experience truly memorable. Spend time with the award-winning concierge team whose tips and insider knowledge can help you discover Wellington arts, events, shopping, and culinary cultures. Whether you choose a standard room or upgrade to a fully-refurbished Deluxe Guestroom you will always stay connected with state of the art technology. Awake rejuvenated after a tranquil night's sleep from your brand new bed with a personalised wake up service. Treat yourself by selecting a Club InterContinental Guestroom or Suite. These offer access to the world-class newly recreated Club InterContinental Lounge with expansive harbour views which will leave you feeling impressed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Wellington Hotel Wellington
- Wellington Intercontinental