“Nice Pizza and very friendly stuff.”

Heaven Woodfire Pizza
Ranked #129 of 937 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The locals have loved Heaven Woodfire Pizza for five years out in Waikanae. So we thought we'd bring our restaurant to upper Cuba Street. We believe in using fresh ingredients to create the tastiest dishes. Our menu has something for everyone, at prices that are sure to please. So visit us at 247 Cuba Street and check out the delicious food and amazing atmosphere.until late 8 days a week heavenpizza. co. nz
Wellington, New Zealand
“Nice Pizza and very friendly stuff.”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The pizza is one of the best in town. The service is good an the stuff very friendly.
I can recommend it to everybody.

Visited September 2012

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Best Pizza in a Long Time”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Strolling up Cuba Street on Saturday evening we came across this establishment which looked inviting. The wood fired pizza is truly excellent. Nice light crispy thin crust with fresh ingredients served to your table.

Very friendly and casual place at a reasonable price. If I lived in Wellington, I would definitely make this a local. The menu's were cleverly printed on varnished ply sheets which we thought was a cool idea.

We look forward to our next visit and more delicious pizza!

• Visited August 2012
“Best thin crust pizza we have ever had!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great little pizza place! Couldn't stop staring at all the decor inside! And it was great to know that most of it was recycled/rescued. Our first meal in Wellington, it left a great impression! Yum yum yum!

“Ripped”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I caught up with a friend recently, we were both not feeling particularly rich, so wanted to make use of an Entertainment Book voucher - I suggested Heaven Pizza as there was a two-for-one pizza voucher in the book. I had also been once before with work - loved the pizza & atmosphere.

My friend needed gluten free options so rang & checked they did do gluten free before we went & we checked with the waitress before ordering that it was OK to use the voucher, she advised yes. The owner was friendly and starting chatting to us as soon as we sat down.

We ordered wine & two pizzas, one with a gluten free base. After waiting a while we asked if we could make both pizzas gluten free so we could share flavours, but they had run out of gluten free bases. Pizza was delicious, wine was a really good price. Music and vibes were awesome, after the meal we finished our wine outside by the open fire, the owner joined us for a brief chat and cigarette.

Upon leaving however, we went to pay and presented our voucher at the till, the owner made a joke about it being expired or not able to be used - we all laughed, he took the voucher, rang it all up and charged us. We went halves with eftpos and hadn't really added up the bill before paying but shortly after walking out we realised that we were charged full price with no discount applied for our voucher... we didn't want to make an embarrassing scene & go back.

Pizza was nice, but we felt ripped off. Don't put vouchers in the Entertainment Book if you don't plan on actually giving the discount to your customers. Will not be going back or recommending Heaven Pizza anymore...

• Visited May 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“Awful - not going back!”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Terribly disapppointed with the food and service, wouldn't recommend to anyone. This is a shame as I've eaten here twice, the first time was fine and the food was ok. So the second time I arranged to meet a few friends there - and then ended up hanging my head in shame at having recommended it to them.

The service was absolutely dire - I mean awful. The waitress was hopeless, including forgetting to bring my salad and then, when I had gone to ask for it (and she found it sitting lost and forlorn on the shelf) tipping some of it on me as she put it down. No offer of a replacement.

The pizzas took about an hour to arrive, the place was very busy and they prioritise takeaways so the seated customers just have to wait. I wouldn't have minded quite so much, but the pizzas were dry and way too much bare dough at the edge of the pizza. Not just me me that thought this - there were 8 of us and not a satisfied customer amongst us.

But they saved the worst for dessert - we had selected a large chocolate pizza, and it took 65 mins to arrive. I am not exagerating, we checked the time. It was a ridiculous wait and we were about to leave when they finally said 'it's just coming' (and then took another 10 mins to deliver it).

I was deeply unimpressed with their cavalier attitude to their customers...and the food wasn't even worth waiting for,

NEVER going back.