The Wellesley walks both sides of the line between charming and tired, but definitely has a unique atmosphere. Our Classic Double room had fabulous high ceilings, plenty of floor space and storage, and a classy modern bathroom, although the queen bed and general room appointment could use updating, and the pillows were not to my liking. The public areas (lobby, hallways, etc.) are classic 1920s gentlemen's club, but also a bit odd and deserted feeling, like being at Hogwarts during Holidays when everyone has gone home but you. We were provided a pass for 50MB of free internet (beware, this lasts about 20 minutes!) and told where to park ($20 for 24 hours) around the corner. The location is on a fairly quiet side street (although we did hear noises from above), about a 20 minute walk from the main dining/attraction district (Cuba St., Te Papa, et al). No complaints, but no great laurels either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1922 the Hotel is a category one Heritage building. It has 13 bedrooms each unique in character with generous bathrooms. It is nestled in central Wellington handy to the waterfront, railway station and ferries, government centre, parliament, the courts, business district, cable car, and Lambton Quay shopping and the stadium. All are within easy walking distance. Public transport is close by. Te Papa 20 minutes walk, Courtenay Place 30 minutes walk. The Hotel does not have it's own parking but there is parking available. Parking is free outside the Hotel from 6:00pm to 8:00am Monday to Thursday and after 8:00pm Friday and all weekend. Personal service and attention to detail is a priority and our "1815 Cafe and Bar" which is open from 7am until 8pm (Monday to Friday) for breakfast, lunch, light meals morning and afternoon teas and as a house bar . Coffee is a speciality. Free wiFi. Spoil yourself with a stay at Wellington's finest Boutique Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Wellesley Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellesley Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Boutique Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Wellington
- Wellington Wellesley