I stayed at the Wellesley Boutique Hotel for five nights from Sunday 10th February 2013. I stayed in a Classic Room. This room had a king size bed, two sitting chairs, a coffee table, a wardrobe, a writing desk and a large TV. There were bedside lights each side of the bed and adequate power points around the room for my various devices. There was a bar fridge, kettle and tea making facilities, hair dryer, and good quality bathroom soap/shampoo etc. The shower was over the bathtub. The air conditioning worked well, and I could also open the window to get the nice breeze. I booked the hotel partly because it had free wifi, which I found very useful. It was operated by getting free vouchers from reception - it would have been good if these vouchers had been for more than 5M since I went through at least two vouchers each day. However, the reception didn't have any problems with giving me more vouchers.
I enjoyed my stay. The hotel was quiet, the staff were excellent, and the ambience was lovely. The linen/towels etc were very good and the bed was very comfy.
The hotel is at one end of the wharf district and very close to shops. It is also walking distance from a supermarket which is up the hill past the National Library, if you need more than the basic essentials.
There wasn't a system to say that you wanted your room made up but didn't need new towels, but I believe they are thinking of bringing this system in soon. An outside caller can ring your room but needs to go through the central switchboard first. It would have been better if my family could have called directly.
Thoroughly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1922 the Hotel is a category one Heritage building. It has 13 bedrooms each unique in character with generous bathrooms. It is nestled in central Wellington handy to the waterfront, railway station and ferries, government centre, parliament, the courts, business district, cable car, and Lambton Quay shopping and the stadium. All are within easy walking distance. Public transport is close by. Te Papa 20 minutes walk, Courtenay Place 30 minutes walk. The Hotel does not have it's own parking but there is parking available. Parking is free outside the Hotel from 6:00pm to 8:00am Monday to Thursday and after 8:00pm Friday and all weekend. Personal service and attention to detail is a priority and our "1815 Cafe and Bar" which is open from 7am until 8pm (Monday to Friday) for breakfast, lunch, light meals morning and afternoon teas and as a house bar . Coffee is a speciality. Free wiFi. Spoil yourself with a stay at Wellington's finest Boutique Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Wellesley Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wellesley Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Boutique Hotel Wellington
- Wellesley Wellington
- Wellington Wellesley