Hotel St George
Hotels.com
$129
$90
  • Fitness center
Best Western Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Bar/Lounge
$191
$146
  • Restaurant
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$46
$40
$211
$117
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$135
$130
  • Pool
Wellesley Boutique Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
  • Room Service
At Home Wellington(Wellington)
$112
$109
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness center
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay at HSG when I was exploring the option of moving back from the US to live in NZ. It's in a great location in the heart of Wellington's CBD, and the staff and other guests--most of them in NZ for working holidays--were welcoming and friendly.

There's a big communal kitchen and lounge, where they hold regular social events. I was there for Halloween and Diwali celebrations. And each floor has a little kitchen area with fridge and sink.

I had a room with ensuite, and it was great for my needs. Bonus points for plenty of hot water at any time of day.

The classy foyer doesn't represent the decor of the rest of the hotel, which is homey, but for a comfortable (and fun) stay, I recommend HSG.

Plus there's a Tardis in the building! (I'm guessing it's a remnant from the 90s, when scifi conventions were held there.)

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Bruce C, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Lea B - Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our Tardis is a public phone booth for our tenants to make local calls or calls using a calling card. Thank you for staying with us in this lovely city - Wellington. Regards Bruce.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I arrived in Wellington this past winter wanting to live the kiwi lifestyle of the capital city and since I checked into Hotel St George my luck changed; I got myself a job and got to know a lot of new people that within time became Family. If you plan to stay long In the city this is your place.
Facts are location is great, rates are good, facilities are well mantained and staff is more than helpful.
Thanks Bruce, Yong and Zohan you guys are great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Hi Juan - Thanks for your review. We wish you well on the rest of your travels. Regards Bruce

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel St George was MY PLACE in New Zealand!!! I made a lot of friends from different parts of the world. We always had fun and enjoyed meeting everybody at the kitchen and living room. The hotel is close to everywhere and you can have a double room with private bathroom...or even your own room. Thanks St George Hotel for great moment I will never never forget

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Bruce C, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Veronica, thank you for writing us a review. I am glad you made a lot of friends here. We look forward to welcoming you back when in Wellington again and all the best on your travels. Regards Bruce and Yong.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at Hotel St. George for about 3 months while doing a working holiday in NZ and traveling around. I loved the fact that it was really quiet - I never heard noises through the walls and the neighbors were really courteous. The only noise came from outside - since the location is so amazing and all the bars/nightlife are a few streets away. After staying in a hostel for a few months, Hotel St. George was amazing. I moved in with one of my best friends so we shared a room together which had a dresser, desk, wardrobe, bedside tables, and a pretty nice view. The staff and managers are amazing and will go out of their way to help you. Wifi is affordable and you can get it pretty much anywhere throughout the building. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Bruce C, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Keri C - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is always great to hear when guests have enjoyed their time with us. All the best on your travels and we look forward to welcoming you back when in NZ next. Regards Bruce

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice place to live in, and an amazing and helpful staff! The kitchen's a great place to meet new people and the location of the hotel, in the heart of Wellington, is perfect! There's a laundry room with security cam so nobody will try to steak your stuff (same in the kitchen) fully equiped. I've spent 5 months there and I loved it, so I truly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Bruce C, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our Accommodation on Trip Advisor. The Kitchen/Lounge common area is a very popular place to meet other people from all over the world, especially if you are travelling alone. Hotel St George is the perfect choice for accommodation for travellers working in the city like yourself. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel St George and we hope to see you next time you return to Wellington.- Amy