See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2012

As a newcomer in NZ, St. George allowed me easy access to and how to go about, places in Wellington: the Parliament building, Victoria Uni, Te Papa museum, restaurants, cafe's and a lot more. These are all well within walking distance and will save you much of bus fares or petrol. Whether you're a student, a visitor, or job hunter, St. George is a recommended place to stay. Moreover, St. George offers an opportunity to meet friends and learn a thing or two about their culture. It's a small community of diverse yet friendly people - Kiwis and international people alike. The spacious kitchen and dining area, allow you to cook and share hearty meal with friends while meeting new ones at the same time. The staff, headed by Bruce, the manager are friendly and always give that homey reception that you need whenever you go out and get back after a long day's work. I can never forget Yong too, so warm and a lady with a big heart. St. George is a package of everything nice...

Room Tip: rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
hotelstgeorge67, Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Aida, Thank you for your comments - Hotel St George is in the best location with easy access to everything. Yong - probably one of the best I have ever worked with, she is an asset to the Hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hi there,
St g is probably the best place to meet people in Wellington!! I really enjoy my stay in st g!! I've got the best crew of friends (that I met there for most of them) ever seen!! Its a really nice place to stay!!! And close to the centre ( very practical)!! I had a very nice time during my 3 monthes stay!

Charline

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
hotelstgeorge67, Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hi Charline - Thank you for your comments. The Hotel St George is well known for our many nationalities staying here, you can meet people from all around the world. Enjoy the rest of your time in New Zealand.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I have been there twice alredy and every time I come back to Wellington I come to this place, the rooms are really confy, not too many paople, own bathrooms and good price,the location is perfect nothing is too far away, and I have met lots of friendly people there. I would absolutely recomend this place !!!

Room Tip: If you are lazy to go downstairs to do your laundry take a room in the third floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear Pao B - Thank you for your comments. Hotel St George is glad you enjoyed your time with us and wish you all the best for the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I love St George a lot. I met many friendly people and made friends as well! The location is great which is very close to the town. Nice bedrooms and the price is very convenient. I really enjoy it! I recommend this at all.

• Stayed: February 2012
hotelstgeorge67, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Cecilia - We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us here at the Hotel St George which is filled with many interesting people from around the World. Thank you for your comments

Reviewed September 3, 2012

lived there from jan/feb 2010-aug 2012

if you could ask for anything, it would have to be a great place to call home! which is what st george hotel wellington was prior to relocating over to australia!

bruce and the team there was fantastic hosts, and i take my hat off (if i had one) to bruce especially as manager in charge!

bruce has made sure only quiet tenants were put in rooms near me, when i was a shift worker, and totally appreciate this being done! if there was ever a issue, or concern, it was taken care of straight away...cheers guys!

the only thing that stopped me giving it a 10 out of a 10, was that we had to go down to level 2, if you wanted to cook! other than that...would totally recommend the place to anyone, and would recommend bruce and team there as your next port of call

Room Tip: corner rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
hotelstgeorge67, General Manager at Hotel St George, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you Stephen for your comments - We love having quiet tenants like yourself too. You started with us 29 Jan 2011 through to 10 August 2012 so you are up there as one of our longest tenants we have had in the building - 559 sleeps! We wish you well in Australia.