“WHAT A MESS!”

Lodge in the City
Olsztyn, Poland
“WHAT A MESS!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Entering the lodge you will go into a freshly renovated building..but inside everything stings, is sticky and broken. I was given a private room where window was broken and rain coming inside- ok they put me into another one- which had a stink of sweat and drunk men. Sheets werent changed, cover stunk so much that I had to throw it on the corridor. I have slept under my sleeping bad and with all clothes on- cause heating wasnt working at it was soo cold. Another thing is- its like an asylum for party people and you will not be able to fall asleep until they go out to a club- cause there is a party on the corridors- plus woken up while they return.
It was my worst hostel experience for 10 years travelling!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Magdalena P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My wife and I booked a one night stay in a private room with heating and access to shared bathroom facilities through 'booking.com'. When we arrived the receptionist couldn't find our booking at first, but then she admitted that there had been a glitch in the booking system and that she would sort it out. She advised us to come back in the afternoon.
When I went back in the afternoon another receptionist didn't know anything about our reservation, nor was anything arranged. As the lodge had no vacancy by then, I was advised that they will put me in their other lodge to which I had to walk then. Next issue was that they could not find the key for the room, which was supposed to be ours for the night. I was given their master key then and when I opened the room it was apparent that the bed linen was used and the rubbish bin full, nor any toilet paper, nor towels. I refused to stay in the room until it was serviced with clean bed linen. So again I was told to come back in a couple of ours.
When my wife and I came back a couple of hours later, we found that the room had another occupant, who had been living there for a couple of days!!
As we had a dinner reservation and we had to get changed I asked if they had anything else. So we ended up getting another room with a double bed, no linen, no pillows, no duvet cover. We were given a couple of sheets and pillow cases and one of the staff came up with two pillows, but that was it! No duvet! So we ended up covering us with our jackets later on in the night, as it was cold.
A terrible experience, the staff didn't feel sorry and we were charged the full amount!
I DO NOT RECOMMEND STAYING THERE, unless you are a traveller and have your own sleeping bag.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dartagnan1958

Travelers are raving about these Wellington hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

First off the reception desk attendant, Tulley was absolutely amazing, he told us of all the great thing to see in the city and most efficient way to do it! He was super nice and welcoming, best receptionist throughout my travels! Thanks mate!
The place seems a bit dodgy at first but it's actually a cool place in an awesome location.
Good value for your money, how can you beat $15 a bed per night?

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Ok so the place isn't the cleanest and it's not somewhere I would suggest taking your family but if you are travelling and like meeting new people this is great for that! Atmosphere is so fun and easy going. Right in the city centre so great for night life. Cheap and fun expect no more and no less

• Stayed February 2013
Cooranbong, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Ok so I know its in the city but the noise levels were terrible. The other thing is, as you walked in all you could smell was cigarette smoke which is gross! The toilets were combines, they provided wet wipes to wash/clean your hands (not hygienic). We booked for three the provided us with one double bed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jane K
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed only 2 night in this backpacker, and after crossed all the country i can say it's the worst accomodation i was stay. The receptionist was not welcoming, My dorm was on ground floor, and for take a shower i had to cross the bar and reach the first floor. The kitchen is really disgusting, with to many people.
If you can avoid i suggest to find another accomodation

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kamel Z
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 5 kids for 2nights. I had read the reviews after I booked so I was pretty well prepared for what I was getting before we got there. I asked the receptionist if she knew they had really bad reviews, she said yes but everyone their was really friendly which I found was true but still completely irrelevant anyway the shared facilities was pretty grotty. Some disgusting chick had left a used sanitary pad on the windowsill in the ladies bathroom on level 2 and it was still there the next day! On the second night we went into the family room which was more then expected. It had a tv and a kitchen and the toilet in the room was not great but if I had to stay again I would, only in the family room though and If I could avoid staying again I would do that too. To top it all off some inconsiderate mofo was smoking in their room and it pretty much stank out the whole floor but obviously thats not the backpackers fault and $220 for 2nights for a family of 7, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed June 2013