Harbour City Motor Inn
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$112
$202
$116
Priceline
  • Pool
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$57
$47
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Please please avoid this place. The whole place from the staff to the rooms are terrible they falsely advertise things charge you money and you regret the whole booking. This place is a dive it stinks there is body fat hair and mould all lover the bathroom and shower the tv won't work the heater doesn't work and I'm pretty sure there was a cockroach scurrying around . Avoid this place unless you are desperate I will also be raising the qualm ark star rating it seems either it is false or years out of date this hotel doesn't even deserve one star

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Friendly but very limited English speakers, potentially a great apartment but 10 years overdue a make-over. Problems experienced in our 2 x $320 per night stay . . . . . .
# TV not working on arrival (fixed), # main gas heater in lounge not working ( fixed for 1 night only) but as fan switch broken very little heat into room
#Wall oven door unsafe as won't stay open, Kitchen surfaces and extract fan greasy / dirty
# shower good hot / pressure but condition very grim, controller jams 'on'
#Lounge lights no longer dimmable as energy saver lights fitted ( very bright at night )
# No hair dryer in room # 1 piece of soap for 4 x people
# Can't turn electric blankets on as plugs won't reach in master bedroom
# Double bed in #2 bedroom not queen as advertised
# Dish Cleaner so watered down no suds possible when washing up
# No frying pan for cooking breakfast ( crockery etc generally poor )
# No battery in wall clock - pen in compendium not woking
# Only one side of toaster actually works
# Loose tiles in entranceway
# Very poor window hangings and zero wall hangings ( just hooks ).
Apartment nice and spacious but badly in need of maintenance and complete refurbishment - maybe OK in Beijing but just not how kiwis live – at least not for $320 per night !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is by far one of the worst presented motels I have ever stayed in. The dining room downstairs was full of Laundry. The bathroom was hideous. The shower was broken in parts and was filthy. No tea towels in kitchen. Kitchen floor was covered in filth. Two plugs broken and didn't work Front of gas heater in lounge broken. Looked really dodgy Booking in a nightmare. Very little English. This place has 3.5 stars according to the Qualmark sticker on the door. I was stunned!!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It is hard to imagine a worse hotel to check into. During the initial reservation, the person on reception had very poor English. I had doubts about the accuracy of the reservation and so asked it to be emailed to me - which it was - fine. However, still with some doubts, I phoned the hotel on the day of the booking to double check and to ensure the early check-in I'd arranged previously was still ok. First the (same) person on reception could not find the reservation under my name. She also could not find it under the booking number that was on my email. The phone was silent for about 5 mins whilst she did something?? After an interminable delay she may have found it - but the early check in was no longer possible. When I mentioned this was frustrating, she hung up on me and refused to answer the phone on the three occasions I called back.

When I arrived, I was treated rudely. The check-in form was put under my nose - no politeness. I paid and the key was dumped on the table. The room itself was old, worn, tired. the highlight was a big TV, but daylight-bright energy saver bulbs (not warm white) gave the room a horrible glare. The bathroom was more suited to being in a hostel than a hotel.

The hotel is handily located and parking is good. The rates here are cheap - now I know why. Only stay here if you are desperately short of an extra $10 for a better hotel (and you don't want to go to a back-packers).

I'm sorry, this is the worst review I've ever written, but it's far and away the worst service I have ever received at any hotel - EVER.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DACWgtn
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This has to be one of the worst places I've stayed, dirty floors filthy bath, crockery stained and needed washing before use. We were booked for 2 nights , one was bad enough I asked for a refund for the second night at first I was refused , but I did persuade them to give me one.extremely noises also, I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business