“Great stay”

Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel stay completed a great night in Wellington with my sister to see The Phantom of the Opera. Only a couple of things - Grab & go menu not too many choices for a late supper and no room service provided. And the remote of the TV probably needed new batteries as it was a little frustrating at a late hour to turn the TV off. But overall great service, and a great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear LWilson908,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am sorry the remote was not working correctly and for any inconvenience this caused. I have also taken on board your comments regarding the variety of the Grab and go menu and will pass onto my Head Chef. We hope you enjoyed Phantom and that you will choose to stay with us on your next trip up to Wellington.

Nathan Frost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Excellent city location. Clean comfortable good price. Greta for a short city break. Very helpful staff. Addition of menu for drinks and food to order in restaurant downstairs and take to room is a real bonus. Lovely to order a latte and take up to our room when we came in in the afternoon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 213Anonymous213,

I am so pleased to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I will pass on your comments regarding the service provided by my team as well as the variety of the Food and Beverage on offer and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights during June 2013.
I found the staff to be very helpful, the rooms very clean and presentable and the location great. Whilst we had a car we could walk to a lot of the attractions in and around the city, including Te Papa. I would happily stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear oxoboxo,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us particularly the cleanliness of the guest rooms as well as the service provided by my team. I will pass on your comments to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Wanganui, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I called before booking as i have 7 month old twins and wanted to ensure the services suited. The female i spoke to was very helpful and when i asked about noise she advised i would be put on a higher level to ensure quiet (i was then put on level 5). I was extremely pleased with the room and services provided. I will be strongly recommending to anyone visiting Wellington.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dear thouminek,

Firstly, congratulations on your 7 month twins, you are amazing! I am pleased that my staff were able to make your stay incredibly smooth and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to my whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Whanganui, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Great location, and that is probably all I can say was good this stay. I was there last year at the same time and experienced air conditioning issues in the room - thought a year later it would be fixed. My room was 2 singles made into a king (don't lay in the middle of the bed), The room was sooo hot and uncomfortable even when putting the air con to 15C. They have pick up room service - so basically order and pick up in billy cans. ordered a meal w/ desert and the desert was on the top layer of the "billy cans', thus the ice cream was totally melted before I even got it to my room, never mind after the meal when it looked like a brownie is milk. Ordered a steak 1 night and there was so much grizzle in the middle I could not cut thru it? A 50$ meal served in billy cans that you get a paper plate with?? Staff were "OK" but the air con never got fixed and the meals were very disappointing. After 4 nights I was exhausted and would NOT recommend the Ibis unless it is for just 1 or 2 nights.

Room Tip: Bring your own fan. Eat somewhere else. 1 or 2 nights max.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear TinaR412,

I am very disappointed to receive your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington particularly the fact that you have had issues with your air conditioning on two consecutive stays. I have passed on your comments to my Chief Engineer to investigate and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. ibis hotels do not offer room service and instead offer a takeaway option called Grab it and Go which is served in Tiffins. I am sorry that this service and the quality of the steak did not meet your expectations and we hope to have any opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Whakatane, Nz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

All the hotel employees were great.
Room was fine except for the hard bed.
Great location in central Wellington and far better value and more personal attention than the Intercontinental along the road.
Great coffee bar next door - turn left out the main door.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us although I am sorry the bed did not meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to all of my staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Good standard with regular visits to the Ibis. Prompt service on registration and departure.
Continental breakfasts are the norm for me and are generally adequate. However, I like the look of the full breakfast and shall sample this in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Heidsiek,

Thank you for choosing ibis Wellington again as your accommodation provider in Wellington. I am glad that we continue to meet your standards and look forward to serving you a piping hot breakfast on your next stay with us.