“Stay in Wellington”
Review of ibis Wellington

ibis Wellington
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was very happy with my stay and also the fact that an early check in was not arranged but asked for on arrival and handles superbly well by the lady at Checkin. I was very happy with the service and also the Breakfast quality in the Morning

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Thommo47,

I am pleased that we were able to check you in early to the hotel and you enjoyed the quality of the breakfast in VIvant! restaurant. I will pass on your feedback to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Nathan Frost

Write a ReviewReviews (2,276)

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Exactly what we expected from the Ibis hotel group. Central location, no frills, clean and friendly. Good value for money and easy access to the city and all the attractions. Staff were efficient when required but hovering around you all the time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear WeekendTrip_13,

I am pleased that we have met your expectations during your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am glad that the hotel provided good value for money and you enjoyed the service provided by my team. I will pass on your comments to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I recently booked 2 nights at the Ibis Wellington. We arrived and booked in. We then went to reception to ask what eateries there were nearby. There was next to nothing as the Ibis is located some distance away from the restaurant district of Wellington so we had to take a taxi. The next morning my wife went to have a shower and the shower head connection had ruptured was spraying water all over the ceiling, walls and electrical fittings. Based on the water stains on the bathroom ceiling this wasn't a new problem. Not great consdering the Ibis has been recently rennovated. I called reception and we were offered another room but no real sympathy/empathy. My wife and I went downstairs to reception and advised we wished to cancel our second night and requested a refund for that night. We were told this was not possible due to our advance booking. I told the staff member they could not argue this and asked to speak to a supervisor manager. I was told the same again but, after reminding them that this was unlawful given that the Ibis had failed to deliver to a reasonable and promised standard, they agreed to refund the second night. A shame that they didin't apologise earlier and offer a room upgrade or something simple like a free breakfast. Poor customer focus. We booked into another hotel in the restaurant district and had a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear gav_holley,

I am disappointed that you have not enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Wellington. It is not acceptable that we have had a maintenance issue that has effected your stay and I apologise that this was not dealt with effectively by my team. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

While the view was of the back of another building, this was more than made up for by the lack of traffic noise. Even better was the spotless bathroom..

Stay was topped off by friendly staff and vicinity to waterfront and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear South37,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by my team and the cleanliness of the guest room. I am sorry that the location of the room did not meet your expectations though and should you stay with us again, please do not hesitate to ask for a room that faces Featherston Street.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Spent 3 days in Wellington with relatives during a holiday in New Zealand. The hotel was clean and comfortable. We did not eat there as the hotel was situated in the centre of Wellington. Fantastic bar food available close by. For younger people the area around Cuba Street is a must.

Room Tip: Enough lifts were available for upper floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Adrian1951190736,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent holiday to Wellington. I am pleased that the hotel met your needs and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Good quality, basic hotel, priced well. Only negative is the cleaning staff leave all their gear around the lift area (we were on level 8) including dirty dishes from the rooms etc... not such a good first impression when you exit the lift to your floor, was there for a good few hours! but apart from that happy to stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear kiwitrav1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I appreciate your feedback regarding the lift area and I will pass on your comments to my team. We will look at ways that we can reduce this clutter in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

After a lovely meal in town I requested an extra cup & towel at the front desk before returning to our room as only two were provided and we were a party of three staying. 45minutes later I phoned to again ask for items and was given no apology nor explanation, but simply told "yeah yeah yeah I'm coming" in the manner of a disgruntled teenager. Working in hospitality myself I was absolutely shocked at being spoken to like this, and by a 'trainee manager' no less?!

There was also a dirty sock in the cupboard and long blonde hair from previous guest all over the spare rug when we pulled it out to use. Thankfully there are lots of accommodation options in Wellington as I would NOT want to stay there again and will NOT be recommending it to others.

Given two stars, one for being in a handy central location walking distance to everything, and the other for a good buffet breakfast.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear KiwiFlyer13,

I am absolutely appalled at your feedback you have provided regarding a member of my team. The actions of this staff member are completely unacceptable and I am personally following this up with the staff member concerned. I will contact you offline to discuss the issues and I apologise profusely for any inconvenience caused.