“Smallish room big on everything else”
Review of ibis Wellington

ibis Wellington
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great location, great service, rooms were as expected - compact and clean. Small suggestion in that if doors were painted a more subtle colour (and not the bright tomatoe red) it would look more like a hotel and less like a hostel.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear SSAG97,

I appreciate the feedback regarding the colour scheme of the hotel and will take your comments on board. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location, cleanliness and service provided by my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Ideal location for us as we arrived and left by train - only 10 minutes walk from the station, and easy to find. Also well placed for us to get around the city for the 2 days we were there. Check-in straightforward, room clean and quiet, bed comfortable. Didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on that.
Not much else to say - a functional place to stay in Wellington, reasonably priced. "Did what it sid on the tin"!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SnorkelQueens,

I am pleased that we have met your expectations for your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. Next time however we want to do more than 'what's on the tin' and we look forward to having that opportunity soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Ibis is in a great position,the only problem I found was the toilet roll holder was too low and poorly designed as the roll was constantly knocked off. Overall the Hotel was good I would stay there again. I found the wi fi pricing was a bit expensive too.

Dear hams1965,

It is a pleasure to receive your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I will pass on your comments regarding the toilet roll holder to my Chief Engineer and I apologise for any inconvenience this caused. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This Hotel was well situated to all amenities, etc, the rooms where adequate, clean and the restaurant was very good. My brother and I had an very enjoyable stay, and would consider staying there again when in Wellington

Dear charlie9445,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as the cleanliness of the room and the quality of the restaurant. I will pass on your comments to my whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Beds are shocking springs poking out got manager too look and got told hat do want all our beds are like this
Buffet breakfast is made up of leftovers from the previous morning yuk
Got over charged when I paid my bill they stuffed up the exchange rate again I complained to the manager and all he could say was hat seems to be the problem no one else worries about it
It was only $40 AUD
Never again "Be Warned """"""

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear Agile62,

I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I can assure you that the breakfast buffet is made fresh every morning and I apologise that for some reason you felt that some items were from the previous day. With regards to all currency exchange, all transactions are completed via our property management system. Obviously if there is an error on our part I would like to rectify this immediately so if you could please contact me at Nathan.Frost@accor.com so that I can get some further information from you that would be appreciated. I do apologise once again that we have not met your expectations. I will pass your comments onto my team and we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night. There was obviously a few tour buses full of tourists in so the hotel was humming. That being said, check in was quick and simple. Our room (queen) was quiet, at the end of the 7th floor. It was clean and provided all the necessary amenities. The sheets were rather stiff (like old hard cotton) and the bed had seen plenty of use so each of these could do with replacing. The shower was excellent although the towels also hard.
The air-con worked well and a request for an extra pillow was quickly filled.
Breakfast also was okay, providing all the usual array of choices in the buffet.
The hotel is in an excellent location for shopping and access to the waterfront and public transport.
We dined out at Capri across the road and enjoyed the short stroll back to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Gypsywillow,

Thank you for your informative feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I have taken on board all of your comments and I will pass on them onto my team. We appreciate the feedback and hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Overall I felt the location was a bonus allowing for easy access to central city and main tourist sites. For a first trip to Wellington I felt the hotel provided value for money basic room with good service, freindly staff and a good restaurant .
We were alllowed an early check in and a late check out :)

The only things that need improving was mainly room related:

*Batthroom (Small and walls and shower a bit grubby)
*Bathroom walls and ceiling tiles had cracks and gaps (tired looking)
*Shower water pressure fluctuated and so did temperature :(
*Air con hard to adjust to cooler setting
*No bed throw just white sheets with blanket of sorts a bit like using a duvet with out a cover. I think a bit of colour would be nice even if it is just a throw.

Dear gettawayguru,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am pleased that you found the hotel to be good value for money and the service provided by my team exceeded your expectations. I am disappointed that some aspects of the room did not meet our normal standard and I have passed on your feedback to my Executive Housekeeper to follow up with her team. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.