“Great for an overnighter”
Review of ibis Wellington

ibis Wellington
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very warm welcome with a clean and surprisingly quiet room.

We came to explore the city, so didn't need anything over the top as we didn't plan on spending much time in our hotel room - Ibis was perfect for this. Had all the bits and pieces we needed and we had great nights sleep both nights.

It's really central - we walked everywhere (although the bus services are great too) which was really handy.

Didn't have any windows that opened, which's a personal preference of mine - just noting in case. Great quiet aircon that we slept with instead though.

Room Tip: We were in room 125 which was away from the elevators and therefore foot traffic, I'm guessing t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear jcnick,

I am pleased that the ibis Wellington was the perfect hotel for your recent trip to Wellington. I will pass on your comments to my whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for business trip recently... well appointed and very good value. Room had lovely bed, good tv, space to work, nice clean bathroom and good facilities.
Had a couple of room service meals which were delicious, although they do make you go to the restaurant yourself to collect them... but well worth it.
Overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: All much the same... good corporate fare!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear BulaHoneymooner,

I am pleased that you enjoyed the value for money the hotel provides as well as the cleanliness of the room. I will pass on your comments to my whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here about 18 months ago and this stay was much improved in terms of the room, which had been refurbished with bright orange and beige tones and dark wood around the flat screen TV and side tables.

Next stop for these guys is to look at their mattresses which I felt was hard, certainly compared with other Accor offerings (including Novotel Wellington).

I slept really well though as I was pretty tired and one thing I would say is that I did this without earplugs as the room is quite sound-proofed. I was not disturbed by guests and noise coming under the door so that is a real thumbs up and rare IMO having stayed in a number of places around Wellington.

I had to pay top dollar as I needed a room with no notice and Wellington was pretty much sold out. I paid $188 room only which I felt was a bit steep. I am giving this hotel a 4 rating for the effort of the refurb and sound proofing/decent night's sleep etc

I do think that they need to have better client care and interest in their guests, so for that I would give a 3 or average score. Just for context...I arrived quite late as I was working late (22:30) and was the only guest around but I still did not get a smile or any interest from the person who checked me in.

Something to work on Ibis...

Room Tip: Aim high and away from lifts etc
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Minkamonka

Dear Minkamonka,

Thank you for your very constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am pleased that you had a good nights sleep however I am disappointed that you were not warmly greeted upon arrival. I will pass your comments onto my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Wellington was a little scary as we landed late at night (by Wellington standards-8 PM) and went out for dinner after 9 to try and find a place which was open at that time. The rooms look like they were recently furnished and have vivid colors. We had breakfast included in a daily rate of $140 which we thought was pretty reasonable and once you get the hang of the city, you discover that it is actually pretty well located. All in all, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear PrateekS739,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent trip to Wellington and that the ibis met your expectations. The hotel was refurbished in 2009 and I am pleased that you have recognised the attention to detail of both my housekeeping and maintenance teams in maintaining these rooms. I am also pleased that you found the hotel to be good value for money and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The ibis was the perfect location for our trip to Wellington as we were going to a concert at the TSB Arena. Everything is fine about the ibis but compared to other Wellington hotels I have stayed in this year (five other trips) it was the most expensive, by about $60, at $198 for the night . The standards and services were no better than lower priced hotels. I appreciate it was a busy weekend for wellington so may be that is why the room rate was higher.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear juliePalmerstonNorth,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. The hotel pricing is dynamic and due to the hotel being exceptionally busy over the period you stayed the pricing reflected this. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good location, decent breakfast.

Shower was very cramped with poor water pressure and the king mattress was actually two singles pushed together so pretty uncomfortable. Probably wouldn't reccommend if you could find an alternative at a similar rate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear DanCH1978,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. All King rooms in the hotel have a specially designed bed for hotels called a King Zip mattress which is two King Single Mattresses that Zip together to form a Super King and I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to my team and we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We only spent a night at Ibis. The location was very good. We were going in the Interislander the next day and was minutes away. Restaurants very close and had no problem with parking car outside. The room was large, clean but outdated. Hotel needs an uplift, but besides it was good

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JenniferF381,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location and that the cleanliness of your room met our usual high standard. I will pass on your comments to my whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.