“Modern facilities, clean and reasonably priced.”
Review of ibis Wellington

ibis Wellington
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was our first visit to Wellington and we found this Hotel to be extremely well located in relation to TSB Arena, Waterfront and city centre. We booked via an agent - check in, housekeeping and check out went very smooth. Of course one does not get the same service and facilities that one might get at places that charge twice (or more) the nightly rate. If ever in Wellington again and in need of a good central location, will be very happy to stay here again. The only minor point I would have is that the TV volume was very low (even on high) and it was sometimes hard to follow. But I guess this is preset to avoid it possibly being a nuisance to guests in the next room.

Room Tip: We asked (the agent) for a room with a view and given a room that looked straight onto the facade of...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Heilala,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel on your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am sorry there was an issue with the TV volume in your room, I shall have my maintenance department rectify and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I am delighted that you found the hotel to be good value for money and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Initially thought room a light small after a stay in a suit in Auckland. Nonethless adjusted to room and found most comfortable and manageable. Enjoyed our stay very much. Domestic staff and counter staff extremely helpful and obliging. The Ibis location in Featherston St is probably one of the most accessible and convenient hotel locations in Wellington. Handy to a range of shops, restaurants, bars, attractions and railway station. All readily accessible by foot. Quite street location ensured quality sleep. Next time in Wellington the Ibis for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Headframe,

I am glad that we have been able to change your initial perception of the guest room and that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels close proximity to everything in Wellington and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel is one step up form a backpackers.

King beds are king singles pushed together

Staff are rude and majority were unhelpful

No room service

Dirty tables in the dining area

Mould around base of shower

Big bird poo on the window

I know its only 3 star but would expect better

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear sarahhbee,

I am very disappointed to read your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. ibis hotels do not provide room service and I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations. The cleanliness and service issues are not our usual standard and I have passed on your feedback to my team. It is our hope that we have an opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Friendly staff to welcome you, everything you need in the room, clean and comfortable with the added bonus of being in the heart of New Zealand's unique capital city. In addition there is an in-house restaurant which has a good menu choice, with adjacent bar if you just feel like a drink. The rooms are value for money in terms of the competition and I would most definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Gerigenie,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us particularly the quality and variety of the menu offering in Vivant! restaurant and the value for money of the guest rooms. We appreciate the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

great location
Great service
Excellent food. We enjoyed a lovely dinner, children eat free when adult has main meal. Breakfast was delicious, pancakes and hash browns a favourite.
Could not fault my stay
Room was spacious clean and well laid out.
Taxi stand right outside. I will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear BrigitteAnna,

I am so pleased to receive your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am glad that you enjoyed your meal in Vivant! restaurant as well as the cleanliness and spaciousness of the rooms. I will pass on your comments to all members of my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a great deal at this hotel so it was arguably the best value night in NZ. Perfect location for most of Wellingtons attractions. Smallish room but fine. Very good breakfast. Excellent service from the young lady at reception who was very helpful regarding parking at a neighbouring hotel. Wish we could remember her name.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear SxD,

I am so glad that we have provided you with one of the best value accommodation nights in New Zealand. This is a huge praise and I will pass on your comments to my whole team. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again very soon.