“Well appointed & nice restaurant”
Review of ibis Wellington

ibis Wellington
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located in the city. Our party had rooms with 2 king beds in each. Plenty of room to move about. Large flat screen TV was a bit fuzzy at times but did not attract from viewing. We ate in the restaurant on site. Meals were well sized & were some of the best food we had tasted our whole trip of 9 days in NZ. Main meals were a bit slow to come out but it was a busy Friday night & the restaurant was full & our group of 5 had walked in without a booking so this was understandable. We did not try the breakfast buffet as we had an early flight the next day.

The hotel was nice & clean & well maintained. The only thing I could fault it on was the car parking for it was 2 blocks away.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Magister63
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Magister63,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the quality of the food and beverage offered. I have passed on your comments to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

An Accor traveler
Whakatane
Reviewed January 13, 2013

1  Thank An Accor traveler
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

An Accor traveler
Napier

1  Thank An Accor traveler

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank semiretired2013
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The central location of this hotel was the main attraction for me. I stayed here for two nights. My room was clean and tidy and was a good size. The staff were relatively helpful. The one thing that did irritate me was some rubbish (old newspapers and a drink carton) that remained beside the hotel internet computers at the main entrance for a whole day!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Danielsv650

Dear Danielsv650,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us particularly the location of the hotel and the service provided by my team. Rubbish in the lobby should have been cleared and I will be passing on your comments to my Reception team to ensure that this does not re-occur. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This review is based on value for money. It's the usual standard Ibis.
If you want a five star hotel by the conventional grading, then you pay for a five star hotel.
The sole glitch was not being given the advertised discount, but even this was sorted out.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

1  Thank StuartAuckland

Dear StuartAuckland,

You are right we are not a 5 star hotel. ibis hotels are limited service hotels and I am pleased that this ibis has perfectly met your requirements. I am sorry there was a mix-up with your booking however I am pleased that this was resolved and overall you found the hotel to be good value for money. We wouldn't want you staying anywhere else either and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again in the near future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Pros:
Location - walking distance to downtown and close to lots of public transport.
Rooms - cute and spacious, modern, can't hear the neighbours
Staff - really helpful, friendly and quick
Breakfast - not gourmet but still good and well presented in a clean restaurant

Cons:
Cleanliness - This was the biggest drawback for me. The towels were stained. I don't mean like little stains, there were big stains on the shower towels and some small ones on the shower mat. However, call to reception and had these changed to clean towels instantly. Also, on the morning of checking out I discovered what looked like a small blood stain on the quilt/blanket that goes between the sheets. I don't know if this had been washed or not.
Air conditioning - the first night was a bit chilly so we turned up the temperature to 25C degrees and it was still blowing cool air! Luckily the next night was quite warm.

I would stay here again if they sort out the laundry because the hotel itself is nice with great staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank echopark119

Dear echopark119,

I am disappointed to read your comments regarding the linen and towelling in your room. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the guest rooms and on this occasion I apologise that we have not met our usual standard. The linen is outsourced to another company however my staff should be checking all linen before it is put in the guest room. I will be personally following you your comments with my housekeeping team and we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you in the future.