“Convenient, efficient hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
England
“Convenient, efficient hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

A well-situated hotel near the waterfront and shops. Friendly reception staff. The usual ibis room, efficiently laid out although not large, and a good shower.
Breakfast was extra and so was wifi after an initial few minutes, although there is a computer in the foyer for guest use.
The room was clean and the public areas welcoming. There are guest washing machines and dryers available for a small price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear riverwater,

I am pleased that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us at ibis Wellington and I will pass on your comments to my whole team and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to ibis Wellington on your next trip down under!

Nathan Frost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We travel to Wellington every year and stayed at various hotels in the city, but this is the first time we'd stayed here.

Upon arrival, the person at reception was friendly, helpful and quickly checked us in. Once we'd got to the room, we were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, the bed and the bathroom. Everything was clean, tidy and well presented. The hotel is approximately 10mins walk from Cuba St and Courntey Place but that shouldn't put people off as Wellington is relatively flat and easy to get around on foot. We stayed on level 6 of the hotel but had no view of the harbour, but it was only a short walk there as well.

My only small complaint would be the water pressure in the shower wasn't strong enough, but this is a common complaint across most hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank gourjess
Dear gourjess,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location as well as the size and cleanliness of the room. I am sorry that the water pressure did not meet your expectations and I will pass on your comments to my Chief Engineer. Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis again on your next trip to Wellington.

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We chose the Ibis based on its convenient location to downtown and the ferry terminal, both of which it provided. A bit disappointing, however, was that for the price of the room we would have expected at least a continental breakfast, but everything, including parking and Wifi, was ala carte (although wifi was free in the lobby). The room was comfortable and clean.
Friends who stayed at a nearby hotel were offered more amenities and continental breakfast, along with a lower room rate.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frankm2011
Dear Frankm2011,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am pleased that the location of the hotel met your expectations however I am disappointed that you felt the hotel did not offer good value for money. I will take your comments on board and we hope to have an opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

While the location in downtown Wellington is excellent near shops, restaurants, and the harbor, I felt like I was sleeping in a broom closet...my wife and I stepped over each other continually trying to move about the room. The desk clerk was helpful and friendly, but as there was no separate concierge, service was slow with directions and inquiries. A nice note were the security features of the hotel. Overall, it served the purpose, but I probably wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank ltw52
Dear ltw52,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location however I am disappointed that the room size did not meet your expectations. Next time should you choose to stay with us do not hesitate to ask for a room facing Featherston Street as these are a little larger than some other room types. ibis hotels do not offer concierge services and I am sorry if this inconvenienced you in any way. We look forward to hopefully having an opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Nelson, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

What you'd expect from an ibis. Room good sized, clean and consistent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I've stayed here several times before and will again. Close to everything downtown. Only real downside this time was this time was the air conditioning. Not able to open the windows and the a/c felt like it's was always blowing on me. Didn't try the internet. Had a cheeseburger from restaurant that was average for $18, would prefer burger fuel. If you get good price,, around $150, I'd give it a go.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trav11er
Dear Trav11er,

I am pleased to read your comments regarding your stay with us particularly the service provided by my team and the location of the hotel. I have passed on your comments regarding the cheeseburger to my Head Chef and I apologise that this was not up to standard. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel while backpacking as it was cheaper than a private room in a hostel and it far exceeded our expectations of an Ibis hotel. We arrived just before the check in time of 2pm but the woman on reception didn't flinch. I asked if there were any late check outs available and she gave us an additional 2 hours until 12pm free of charge which was great. There was a problem with the room keys so the manager showed us to our room and gave us a housekeeping key so the electricity in the room would work. Reception called us an hour later to say our key was ready.

The room was large and comfortable with plenty of cushions and bedding. There were blackout curtains at all windows and the bathroom was almost as big as the room itself. Everything looked either brand new or very well looked after. There were all the facilities you could want in a hotel room including a varied 24/7 room service menu. We were surprised to find there was a guest laundry which we used and paid $2 for a wash which included washing powder.

The location of the hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from the main shopping and entertainment areas of the city but we didn't mind this. This hotel is superb value and I cannot fault it.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Ruth B
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear RuthB602,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am so pleased that you found the hotel to be good value for money and you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to ibis on your next trip to Wellington.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in Wellington off the Northern Explorer train and the Ibis was within an easy walking distance form the station. The rooms were comfortable, had a spacious bathroom, and were clean and quiet with access to various food venues within a short walking distance. Felt that it offered good value for money. The breakfast deal for a $5 bacon butte was great and smelt fantastic when walking into the reception area the next morning! Our stay definitely lived up to expectations!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosalyn E
Dear RosalynE,

I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that the cleanliness of the hotel met our usual standard. I am also pleased that you felt the hotel provided good value for money and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington in the near future.