“Fantabulous”

Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Timaru, New Zealand
“Fantabulous”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The staff were fantastic,they couldn't do enough to help us,including giving us directions when we asked for them. It is extremely well placed within walking distance of the central city. We stayed for four days and the staff were so professional. The room was in excellant order. Check in was easy and quick. Such a wonderful place to stay. We will definately return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear yogismum,

It is always a pleasure to read positive feedback from our guests and I am pleased that my staff have provided exceptional service during your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotels location and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Nathan Frost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 13, 2012

In Wellington on business for 3 nights. Although small, room was adequate for my needs and the hotel is located very central with easy access to points of interest. Breakfasts very good and catered for my special dietary requirements. One downside is the lack of parking space, I had to park with another hotel using their casual parking arrangements.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Scottie504,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellngton. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotels location as well as the quality of our breakfast. Parking does need to be pre-booked and I am sorry if this was not available for you on this particular stay and any inconvenience this caused.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Service was good. Room average as bathroom so small and nowhere to put any toiletries. Bed very soft and uncomfortable.Excellent location for business as well as walking to restaurants and the waterfront.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Accorhotels Traveller,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us however I am sorry that the bathroom and bed did not meet your expectations. I have passed on your comments to my whole team and we look forward to having an opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed November 13, 2012

IBIS in the Wellington CBD is very handily located for business an the machinery of government.Everything is in good order and staff are always professional. I have stayed here many times and will keep coming back.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear blueduck49,

Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and I am pleased that we have again lived up to your expectations. I will pass on your comments to all of my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at this Ibis Hotel in Wellington for 6 days on our 5 weeks trip of New Zealand's North Island and this Hotel was our 2nd stop. Check-in is a breeze if there are no group bookings. We were in our room in 10 minutes.

The hotel is fairly modern and is part of the Accor Group of Hotels. We were given a top floor room (9th floor) bigger than our last accomodation at Quest Albany. The room is clean and like the Quest, there are no drawers to put in your under wears! What are these hotels thinking, that people are only staying overnight? Toilet also don't have bath tub. Internet also is a premium but there is free 20 minutes wireless internet access per 24 hour at the lobby and also 2 pc near the entrance for 30 minutes use with internet access.

The hotel has a restaurant with bar which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is also near the harbour and the city centre. There are also heaps of fancy expensive restaurants and cheaper one and convenience stores around. It is close to Te Papa Museum, the Civic Centre, Victoria University and heaps of galleries.

I would recommend this hotel to people looking for hotel with average price and good location.

Room Tip: get the higher floor rooms which are more quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tigas_Ko
Dear Tigas_Ko,

Thank you for your very informative feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the size of the room, cleanliness and the hotels close proximity to everything in Wellington and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to NZ.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I slept well every night that I stayed at the Ibis, Wellington. Breakfast was good, and overall my stay ther was very enjoyable. If there was one thing I would comment on it is that the fridge in the room was rather noisy at times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 840Graeme47
Dear Accorhotels Traveller,

I appreciate the feedback regarding your recent stay with us and am pleased that you had a great nights sleep. I am sorry that the fridge was a little noisy and I will pass on your comments to my Chief Engineer to investigate and follow up.