“Good. Clean. Convenient- be careful if you need car parking.”
Review of ibis Wellington

ibis Wellington
Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Our stays here are always quick for an occasion in Wellington city. The staff are good, rooms good, immaculate in cleanliness, and handy city location. If you need a car park, make sure you ring and ask before booking. They do not have many, and if you book and pay online you can be stuck with no where to put your car. It is not clearly stated anywhere on the websites. Only in the fine print in t's and c's they tell me. The parking, if you are able to get one, cost $25.00 extra.

1  Thank NewZealandishome
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear NewZealandishome,

Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and I am pleased that we suite your needs for your quick stays within Wellington. You are correct, parking is an additional $25 and does need to be pre-booked as we do have limited spaces. We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

The Ibis is reliable as a clean comfortable hotel. Its not at the party end of Wellington but there is arange of restaurants nearby. The room was quiet and had everything I needed.
The continental breakfast was good wiyhe exception of the coffee which some sort of machine produced watery product.

Dear Bruce_M94,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us particularly the hotels location and the breakfast provided. I will take on board your comments regarding the coffee machine used for breakfast and we look forward to hopefully serving you better in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

First impressions were good with a well presented and functional lobby area and friendly helpful staff. The room was however below par.

Rather small with barely room for two people to pass each other around the end of the bed. The room while clean also looked a little tired. The furnishings didn't appear old, but a general spruce up and fresh coat of paint along with matching the curtains on the window would not go amiss.

The bathroom was also quite small with less space in front of the toilet than in a normal cubical. The shower head and holder were not matched, so the head flopped around which made it difficult to get it in the right position for a decent. This along with the hole in the wall where the second clothes hook should have been and general finishing around the edges of the floor etc were further indications that it time for a spruce up.

The convenient location, good service and budget rate was not enough to make up for the small and tired room when compared to other budget hotels we have stayed at in the past for similar rates.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank malreid

Dear malreid,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, I am sorry that the room has not met your expectations. From your comments there are some maintenance issues that have not been rectified by my maintenance team and I would like to personally address them. Can you please contact me directly at Nathan.Frost@accor.com with the room number you stayed in and I will ensure that these issues are rectified immediately. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to hopefully serving you better in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2012

All in all good value but the rooms are tiny .There is barely a metre space around the edges of the beds. The bathrooms are too small to dress in , but clean and fairly quiet for a downtown hotel .
The price was excellent though.
Great location and good restaurants within walking distance

Dear digitalkiwi,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at ibis Wellington and I am pleased that you found the hotel to be good value for money. Some of our rooms are smaller than others and it sounds like you were allocated a queen room during your recent stay. Next time should you choose to stay with us, do not hesitate to ask for a King room as these rooms are larger and may suite your needs a little better.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a couple for 2 nights in early October 2012. It is very centrally located, only a short walk from anywhere. It is a really good middle of the range hotel, not fancy at all. We had a view of a wall but we didn't pay for anything more either.

Book ahead if you want parking. We found that we had to park out on the street or find another hotel to store our car. Some hotels have an early bird rate like the Intercontinental and then you can park your car out on the street for the evening for free.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick_A_C_T

Dear Nick_A_C_T,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you felt the hotel provided good value for money and you enjoyed the close proximity of the hotel to everything in Wellington. I appreciate your feedback regarding parking; you are correct in that parking does need to be pre-booked at the hotel as it is limited and I apologise if this caused you any inconvenience. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was in Wellington was a weekend away recently and at Ibis Hotel. This is my fourth stay here over the past 4 years. In general, I think the place is reasonably good choice for people who are not looking to spend $200+ for a room.

The Good

It has good air-conditioning and television has Sky. Rooms are absolutely clean and so is the toilet. Handheld showers are fitted in all rooms which is a welcoming feature for me. Most staff are pleasant and courteous, in particular, the staff who look after rooms do their best in responding to guests' request although not 100%. I requested limited cleanup for my room with only rubbish disposed and new tissue, and turned out even the towel was replaced as well. It was just a small issue.

What Needs To Improve

The fittings are starting to show signs of wear, for example, i've found many scratch marks on the wall and door. Room service has been reduced to order-pickup service which isn't too different from those at serviced apartments. I was given a room facing away from Featherston Street, with no sunlight able to get into the room directly 24/7 and the staff didn't warn me when the keys were handed. The breakfast needs improvement fast - I didn't try it but compared with my previous stay in July 2010 it looked a turn for the worse - the cooked items looked overdone and greasy, and only tinned syrupy fruits were used. The lift didn't always respond to guests inserting the card key - I had to try 3-4 times in 60% of cases.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear nzworldtraveller1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, it was a pleasure to welcome you back to the property. I am pleased that the cleanliness of the room and the service provided by my team has met your expectations and I shall pass on your comments to all of my staff. I have taken on your comments regarding the wear and tear of the property and your comments regarding breakfast. I will personally be passing on your comments to the relevant departments and I apologise that on this occasion, we have not met our usual standard. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Wellington again soon.