“Ibis Hotel”

An Accor traveler
Foxton
Reviewed May 18, 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2011

Reviewed May 12, 2011

My report covers 2 stays over a week apart and both went exceptionally well. Actually room size is a nice surprise for an Ibis as well as the best bathroom we have found to date in the Ibis chain, appreciated a normal reasonably roomy bathroom much better than the modular bathrooms usually found in the Ibis Hotels.

Location is the best selling point, very central and with our bargain rates booked through the Accor site we were more than happy with our stay. Breakfast was not all that great but was a busy morning with a tour group taking up a lot of space, even hard to find a table so perhaps not the best morning to make a judgment.

Actually had their Food to Go for dinner in our room on the first stay and as my husband was unwell they went out of their way to help me by taking the meals back to our room – a service much appreciated. Used the Dining room on our next stay and found the meal and service quite okay.

Another top benefit of staying at the Ibis is their excellent deal on a taxi to the Airport. We had a pickup at 4am and cost us the same as the shuttle, had the friendliest taxi driver and really appreciated such wonderful service, just book with the front desk and they arrange it for you. So can only highly recommend the Ibis if you want a budget but comfortable stay in Wellington and we certainly rate the Wellington Ibis as the best we have stayed in the Ibis chain.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
NathanFrost, General Manager at ibis Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2011

Dear barkem,

Thank you for one of the most constructive and informative reviews that I have received to date. It is always a pleasure to read feedback from a loyal supporter of the Ibis brand and to be rated the best you have ever stayed in is a huge acknowledgement. I am pleased that my staff were able to assist you as your husband was unwell and I hope that he is feeling better now. I am also pleased to read that my staff assisted you with transport for your early morning flight and I will personally pass your comments onto them all. Thank you once again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing both you and your husband back at Ibis Wellington soon.

An Accor traveler
Auckland
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Stayed along with other guests attending a wedding. Easy access to rooms internally or by phone. Reception were very helpful with any information or assistance. Shops, restaurants, public transport all close. Enjoyed walking everywhere. Room attendants did a beautiful job and were very friendly. We had a king room, definitely wouldn't want anything smaller as the rooms are quite narrow. We were on level 4 so city noise not too bad, wouldn't want lower. Overall a nice place at reasonable prices. Would go back if needed central accommodation in Wellington.

Dear Accorhotels traveller,

Thank you for your feedback especially with the quality of the housekeeping that you received during your stay, I will personally pass on your comments to my housekeeping team. Thank you also for your comments regarding the quietness of the rooms, i an confirm that all rooms have hush glass and all levels of the hotel experience the same level of quietness.

General Manager.

A TripAdvisor Member
new Plymouth
Reviewed May 11, 2011

good value for the price
great location for city centre
clean , comfortable for a 1 night stay room may be a bit small for more than one night, no view or open windows, but air conditioned. We did not arrive until 8.00pm, eleven oclock check out really good though we could have a sleep in in the morning without the rush

Dear Accorhotels traveller,

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be comfortable and met your needs and also enjoyed the late checkout. We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel again soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Auckland
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I am a regular visitor to Wellington and find the Ibis an ideal location for a business base. It is clean, and the service and food is good value for money considering the location is in a CBD area. I would certainly reccomend it to colleagues.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear Accorhotels traveller,

Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed there on a trip around New Zealand.

The room was small. There were me, my wife and our 5 year old daughter. We had 3 suitcases there was no room to store them.

The wardrobe seemed that it would have been enough for a single person maybe

We were supplied with 2 bath towels a day and no hand towels. The sheets and Duvet Covers were not changed even after my daughter had spilled some juice onto them

I also used the parking facility at the hotel. The parking spaces were tiny and had the foundations at the entrance to them

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Dear Accorhotels traveller,

Thank you for your comments regarding the size of the hotel rooms, I will take your comments on board. Thank you for letting me know about the fact that you did not receive enough towels in the room, I have passed your comments onto my Executive Housekeeper to follow up with me directly and apologize for any inconvenience caused.