Lowest prices for your stay
$113
travelup.com$103
Hotels.com$114
Priceline$100
1,210 results
All reviews city life cable car lambton quay directors suite great location bedroom suite full kitchen gilmer terrace washing machine and dryer central location kitchen facilities an upgrade great room te papa street noise staff were friendly and helpful an easy walk
Selected filters
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

I was upgraded to massive two bedroom room for one night business stay. Seemed like a nice perk but main heater unit was horrendously noisy and wouldn’t heat so room was arctic all night. Second wall heater in the room also didn’t heat. Fridge had a funny buzzing sound all night. Overall the room was rundown and in dire need of an upgrade, stains on couch etc.
When I mentioned these issues as I checked out in the morning all I got was a ‘sorry sir’ combined with a blank look. Hotel later emailed me saying they wanted my feedback and only gave link to TripAdvisor so here I am....
Very handy location for me across the road from office but sadly I won’t be going back.

Trip type: Traveled on business
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear Simon,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback.

I understand our Front Office Manager has already been in touch with you in regards to your feedback today and I am deeply sorry to hear about your negative experience here at the CityLife Wellington. We strive to achieve the highest guest experience at all times and this was very disappointing for us to hear. Those areas of the rooms ideally should have been inspected prior to your check in to ensure that we present the room to the highest standards possible. I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance technician to investigate and remedy those areas to prevent any future re-occurrences.
While we recently completed full refurbishment in our kitchen and bathrooms, we are currently reviewing our plans to extend this to the rest of the rooms which will take place very soon.
I also would like to apologize on behalf of my team the way your feedback was handled on departure which we will review immediately with the team member involved to improve those areas of our service and provide further training where necessary.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have caused and we look forward to welcoming you back to CityLife Wellington in the future to provide you with a better service.

Regards

Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay if you don’t have a car. Parking was very tight.

Room was huge with laundry en-suite. Very nice touch. Very nicely decorated and appointed. They even ordered dinner for us that was fantastic.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank P5975GYdavidt
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Dear David,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your positive review.

It's great to hear that you found CityLife Wellington great place to stay and that the room was spacious with great facilities. I am sorry to hear that the parking facility was below your expectations. I agree while the four-court is offering limited spaces, we have alternative parking spots offering ample spaces for our guests.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 6, 2019

I am currently staying here weekly for a work project and it is such a lovely place to stay. I utilise the gym and my room kitchen facilities to their full potential and have no issues.

The staff are always welcoming and the beds are super comfy!

Room tip: The 7th floor is not accessible however all other floors are.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and sharing your wonderful review.

I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us.

Should you require any assistance during your stay, we are 24/7 for you.

Regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2019

We stayed at City life on Thursday-Saturday. Upon arrival we see lovely friendly faces.Check in was quick and not a problem. Once we checked into the room it was lovely and clean. We did need extra towels but managed to find the housekeeper on the floor and she was just as lovely (Ocean i think her name was) nothing seemed to be a bother for her and she did it with a smile. i would suggest maybe some refreshment signs for the hotel because most hotels have them. the can wines are far to expensive i could get a bottle for that price. But over all i really enjoyed my stay and i do like to see happy polite staff everywhere you turn.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and sharing your positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for recognizing the team for their helpfulness, friendliness and great service. I will certainly share your feedback with them. It is part of our culture to celebrate success and receiving positive feedback is an integral part of this process.
On the other hand, I certainly value your suggestions which we will review with our team.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to CityLife Wellington in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 25, 2019

Decided to book direct and what a good decision that was! Cheaper than the online marketeers, friendly, personal and an upgrade, so happy chap. Service on arrival was excellent, easy and prompt. Reception on level 6 but not uncommon. Every comfort including full kitchen,nespresso, and plunger, fridge (with milk) even washer/drier with detergent. Couldn't get dirty enough in one night, but useful for long stays! A little tired but very clean and well appointed with a ton of power points (not common). Right on Lambton Quay, shops, bars, restaurants places of interest.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Lloyd J
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to sty with us and sharing your most positive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you got a great deal by booking directly with us which is always the best option and that the service was excellent and the room features exceeded your expectations.
Location of CityLife Wellington is certainly the best for many attractions around the city.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and we hope to see you soon again.

Regards