Lowest prices for your stay
$131
Free cancellation until 12/01/22
$141
Free cancellation until 12/03/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$119
Priceline$123
travelup.com$127
Lol.travel$157
1,210 results
All reviews city life cable car lambton quay directors suite great location bedroom suite full kitchen gilmer terrace washing machine and dryer central location kitchen facilities an upgrade great room te papa street noise staff were friendly and helpful an easy walk
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2019

Although a little bit tired, this hotel ticks most other boxes because of its proximity, in the central city. The apartment we had on the 5th floor was spacious, clean and comfortable. good sized kitchen and large bathroom which had a washing machine & dryer. There was a heater plus a heat pump/air con unit in the living area.
The Airport bus stopped right outside and Countdown supermarket was virtually next door.

Room tip: We requested a room facing Lambton Quay and didn't notice traffic noise despite single glazing.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2019

Dear CKwalking,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your positive review.

I am pleased to hear that you found the location very central and that the room was clean, comfortable and spacious.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the CityLife Wellington in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2019

What was great!: I can’t fault the helpfulness and pleasantness of the staff together with the cleanliness and amenities of my room. The kitchenette was well equipped and I appreciated the option to prepare my own meals. My room was very clean and warm and the bed comfortable.

What was not so great: The size of the room windows, Two very small windows (porthole size) made the room very dark. If I was only on an overnight stay it wouldn’t have bothered me but I stayed 2 nights on business and planned to work from my room for one of them. Also there wasn’t a desk so this wasn’t as easy or as comfortable as I would’ve liked. I understand you can’t do much about the windows but a desk would be a welcomed.

Location was very convenient and everything else was good.

1  Thank Fleur M
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2019

Dear Fleur M,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback with us.

I am very delighted to hear that team provided you with a great service and hospitality which is one of the many areas we are very proud of. I will certainly share your valuable feedback with them so that they receive the credit they deserve.
It's also great to hear that your room was clean and presented to the highest standard.

I am sorry to hear that about your feedback in regards to the window which is an area of the room we are unable to modify however we will review your comments about the desk option, which we have available in our 1 and 2 bedroom suites.

Once again, thank you for positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back CityLife Wellington in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2019 via mobile

From the moment I drove in the reception staff greeted me warmly and asked if I had a preferred room. The checkin was seamless. The rooms are huge and spacious! A fully equipped kitchen and bathroom with a large lounge and dining area. One of the bedrooms looks out over the main street which can be a little noisy with the buses. No onsite restaurant but restaurants nearby aswell as 2 supermarkets. Fantastic for short or long stays.

Trip type: Traveled on business
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Dear LynneS,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your wonderful review of our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that the check in process was seamless and team provided you with a warm and welcoming greeting upon your arrival which we are very proud of.
It's also great to hear that you found the room spacious and the location was very central for your needs.
While we don’t offer full evening meals in our restaurant, continental breakfast is served in the mornings and evening drinks are available in our Bar. There are also selection of room service orders available which you are able to charge it back to your room account.

We look forward to welcoming you back CityLife Wellington in the near future.

Reviewed June 7, 2019

The CityLife hotel is in a great location with a convenient entrance off Lambton Quay. My room was spacious, modern and very tidy. I particularly liked the bedroom and the spacious bathroom.

The bed felt like a really high quality bed and was very comfortable. I've never been in a hotel before where they offer you a selection of different pillows to suit your sleeping style (i.e. front, back, or side-sleeper) and make it clear you can call for a swap if the one you want isn't already on the bed! I had a great night's sleep. My only regret is that I only had one night to stay there.

I also really like it when decent WiFi is included with the room rather than the usual rort that some hotels think they can get away with.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear Andrew,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your wonderful review of the CityLife Wellington.

I am delighted to hear you had a great experience with us and we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2019

Great location in the CBD precinct within walking distance to most places of interest, and has excellent facilities. Passed my litmus which is clean, comfortable and very helpful staff! I would recommend City Life, Wellington.

Room tip: The top floor can be a little noisy in heavy rain.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CWLG-GM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Dear Owen,

Thank you for so much for your wonderful review and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It's great to receive such positive feedback from our guests in regards to the team as well. I will certainly share your feedback with them. It is part of our culture to celebrate success and receiving positive feedback is an integral part of this process.

We look forward to welcoming you back to CityLife Wellington in the near future.