CityLife Wellington
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$123
ibis Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$84
$77
  • Bar/Lounge
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$59
Quest on Johnston(Wellington)
$90
$88
Travelocity
All reviewscity lifelambton quaycable cardirectors suitegreat locationbedroom apartmentfull kitchengilmer terracewashing machine and dryermain bedroomcentral locationliving areakitchen facilitiescontinental breakfastan upgradewithin easy walking distancebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were upgraded to a directors suite and although the suite was huge there were only two small opening windows in the whole suite and the airconditioning didn't seem to work. The air quality was appalling. THe interior bedroom that had no window, was stiffling. When I complained we were told to turn on a portable fan, which moved air around but didn't improve the air quality by much. I wouldn't stay here again. Because of lack of oxygen whilst sleeping I was more tired when I left than when I arrived.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
CityLifeWLGMgr, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Naeri N

Thanks for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry to hear that you would not prefer to stay with us again as you found our rooms stuffy. Please accept my sincere apology as the room did not meet your expectations. We do have some balcony suites in the hotel and I am certain these suites will be perfect if you decide to stay with us again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you next require accommodation and I will personally look after the arrangements.

vireshm@heritagehotels.co.nz

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed for 8 nights here and it was very centrally located with good facilities. Stayed in appartment with kitchen although usage of oven was difficult without any trays etc.

WiFi usage is only avaialble free in the lobby - really!!! Paid alot for room per night and thought in this day and age that access should be complimentary in the room - lost a mark for this.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Asascore

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused as the oven was missing the tray and our Wi-Fi offering did not meet your expectation. Most of our room rates now include internet to ensure guests can relax in their rooms and still be connected.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Wellington.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because my husbands work staff booked it.
The first room we were given was their "studio". It was as dark as a cave, but did have 1 window which looked out onto a wall with bird crap on it. It had a microwave and drawers with dishes in them but no sink. (Odd) The tv was a little bigger than our I pads and it only carried 12 channels, literally.
My husband and I did not want to stay in it, so he requested another room.
The option they gave us was a two bedroom suite, which we had to pay extra for. It was a big improvement in size, decore and had a kitchenette and washer and dryer. (This was a huge plus as we had been traveling for more than 7 days and needed to do laundry.) This room overlooked the city this time, but windows were very dirty and the noise from the city kept my partner awake at night. in addition to that, the beds are lower to the ground, like a futon and very soft. (not for my comfort.)
My last review is on the staff at this hotel. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. However one of the receptionists gave me a bit of bad information about the distance from one attraction back to the hotel. As per following her advice, I got hopelessly lost 4 times and arrived back at the hotel completely exhausted!!! It ruined my evening. :(

Room Tip: Ask for a suite of any kind.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Assassin8

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely apologise for inconsistent service you received on your stay. I have addressed this with my team to ensure guests are given accurate information so that such an occurence is not repeated.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at the Citylife for 6 nights as part of our trip to see the cricket in Wellington. The location was really good for us - there wasn't loads going on in the evening right near the hotel but we liked to walk to the restaurants and bars anyway. We had a huge apartment with one double room and another room with 2 single beds and then a large living/dining room and kitchen. We didn't end up using the kitchen much - just for breakfast in the end but the washing machine and dryer were really handy - and they include some washing powder for you which was very nice. I would definitely recommend for a longer stay in Wellington - it does probably need some updating soon but overall it was very clean and had everything we wanted. I think we were lucky with the room we got as we were on the 7th floor which was high up but it looked like some rooms were underneath the ramp and parking which might not be so nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear smiffy79

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pelased that your enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities useful in the room.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Pretty average, rather dated hotel, in the business district of Wellington. We had a two bedroom apartment for three of us, and the kitchen was adequately equipped, but no more. Milk was provided as is usual in apartments, but was UHT - surely they could manage fresh milk and replace as necessary. Overall, acceptable, but really no more than that.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CityLifeWLGMgr, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear WineLover399

Thanks for providing your valuable feedback. I am disappointed to learn that your stay did not exceed your expectations. We appreciate your feedback around kitchen amenities and milk provided in the room. We will review this to ensure our high standard of service is met at all times.

Kind regards,