“Fantastic service”

CityLife Wellington
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Fantastic service at this venue. The pre-arrival concierge was fantastically helpful and organised a can from the airport into the hotel and then back again when we left, and Max at reception was also incredibly helpful, doing the confirmations for my tours over the next few days, and giving us directions for around the city.

The apartment was fantastic, clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable, and I'd happily stay there again.

The only downside is that it is awkward to get to for cab service due to the nature of the back-lane access.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brendan M
CityLifeWellingtonGM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Brendan M,

Thank you for posting your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We love to celebrate successes and receiving positive feedback is an integral part of this process. I am pleased that you found our service fantastic on your stay and that we could be of help during your time in Wellington.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at CityLife Wellington.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We were looking for a two bedroom, two bathroom suite in central Wellington and this definitely fit the bill. Our suite was very comfortable, clean, and the staff was very helpful. I thought I had booked a suite with two rooms with queen beds (perhaps I made a mistake and didn't), so originally we were sent to a suite with one room with twin beds, but the lovely receptionist very nicely made a chance without any complaint. They were very helpful with directions and booking taxis for us. We didn't try breakfast so can't comment on the food. But the location couldn't be better for restaurants, and our walk to Parliament and TePapa. We were able to walk from the train station to the hotel with our rolling luggage without a problem.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank happy12054

Dear happy12054,

Thank you for posting your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay from CityLife Wellington.

I am pleased that apart from the initial hiccup upon check in, you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff helpful.

We look forward to welcome you back to CityLife Wellington on your next visit to NZ.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We booked the CityLife Wellington at last minute, after weeks of trying to find accommodation for 3 adults and 2 children at a resonable price.
This hotel was perfect for us, unfortunately we didnt get to spend much time there,as the airport had been closed most of the day so we were late arriving, then left at 6.45am the next morning for the overlander train.
Reception staff were good, no complaints.
Room great, very large, 2 ensuite bathrooms and everything we needed. 7 Yr old slept on the couch, could have slept another child it was large like the apartment.
Overall. nice hotel and room, would stay again.

Room Tip: we had and executive 2 bedroom apartment booked, but think we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom directors...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tee1969_10

Dear Tee1969_10,

Thanks for choosing to stay at CityLife Wellington and posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that you and your family had a great stay with us and found the rooms ideal for your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

CityLife Auckland is accessed at the top (6th floor), and the approach and parking is very challenging for drivers, especially shuttle drivers with trailers. The reception desk staff was excellent for me at check in and check out, very helpful with luggage both times. My third floor room was spacious and very nicely appointed and included a kitchen and laundry facilities in the bathroom. The only thing I didn't like was the "view" out of the window, lots of concrete - but it did provide some natural light and after dark that no longer mattered. I appreciated the fitness centre, also located on the 3rd floor (far away from guest rooms - no concerns)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
CityLifeWellingtonGM, Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Dear D M,

Thanks for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff excellent during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We have stayed here a couple of times and find it good value for two bedrooms (and a lounge/kitchen).

The hotel rooms are a bit depressing as there is not much light as the building is surrounded by other tall buildings. In the past I have found the maintenance of the rooms poor but this time I found it better (but there were still a couple of small things not working). Be aware that the 2nd bedroom is an internal room. In the past we have woken up early due to the street noise but this time our room was slightly higher.

There is no night-life near-by. We walked outside on the Saturday night and found nothing open for food in the area. We also had to walk about ten minutes on a Sunday morning to find breakfast. There is plenty of shopping right outside the hotel (once it all opens).

There was plenty of parking at a fair price. I will continue to stay here when with my kids but only as I can't find anything better in the city.

Room Tip: don't pay the extra for the exec.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
CityLifeWellingtonGM, General Manager at CityLife Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear guynz,

Thank you for posting your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of changing the light fittings to improve lighting in all our rooms.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming your family again at CityLife Wellington.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I've stayed at the Citylife Wellington a number of times, mainly for business, and keep going back as it is consistently good.

The location is excellent, for business or leisure travellers, as it is in a very central location and within easy walking distance of the all main CBD businesses and tourist attractions.

The rooms/suites are generally of a very high standard with quality fittings and plenty of room. I have had one or two instances of minor problems with rooms, including an air conditioner not working, but nothing significant.

I agree with some of the other reviewers in that there is some variation between room quality - as a regular business traveller I suspect I get favourable treatment when it comes to room choice, so it might pay to request anything specific you are concerned about when booking.

The staff are first class - very polite and helpful - nothing is too much for them.

Overall a very good hotel and I will certainly continue to stay there.

Room Tip: request a room on the 'terrace' side of the building if you are concerned about traffic/stre...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Paulrproctor,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that you enjoy your stays with us and found the staff first class!

I also would like thank you for your loyalty shown towards Cityife Wellington and for the business you have given us.

I look forward to welcoming you again at CityLife Wellington.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Treated us like royalty! They were wonderful! We stayed in room 606. Nice and quiet, not much of a view but great for those wanting to go out all the time like us!

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear Goodoil,

Thank you so much your valuable feedback and your kind words about the service you received here at CityLife Wellington.

I look forward to welcoming you back at CityLife Wellington and treating you like royalty once again :)

Hotel Manager