“Awesome Location”
Review of YHA Wellington

YHA Wellington
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Been to YHA twice and wasn't disappointed. Staff are very accommodating and friendly. Facilities are clean. The YHA is at the centre of the city so everything is within walking distance (and right across New World). Would certainly stay there again, highly recommended :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for YHA Wellington

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Everything was nice and clean. Close to the ocean, commercial places, bus terminals, Te Papa and virtually everything you would need there.

There was nothing I did not like about this hostel though staffs can be a bit nicer. And I also wish bunk beds had been taller; I took a bottom bunk bed, and I could not sit on it without curling my back a lot because the top one was positioned really low.

Room Tip: I heard some rooms were facing the ocean. Not 100% sure. You might want to check with the front befo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2013

YHA Wellington is perfect for a stay in the city. Great location, just minutes by foot from the heart of the city and even closer to various venues for unbelievable pies. I got the opportunity to stay in a few different rooms and all of them were extremely clean as were the communal facilities but the icing on the cake is by far the staff. Everyone I dealt with was extremely helpful, more so than I am sure they needed to be to win me over. They all give advice like you are an old friend who they haven't seen in ages. It is clear that they genuinely want you to have a great time in Wellington. They also host free events for their guests. Movie night, Bar Crawls, Guided Tours, etc. It was a great touch when you are trying to get out and meet new people in the city. They are also all very good looking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a late check in on Friday evening and the over night reception staff were very polite and had my room key ready and waiting. I was sharing a 4 bedroom en-suite room on the 6th floor. The room was very spacious but there was no where to store belongings in the room. The en-suite was large with a metal sink and reasonable size shower. Unfortunately the water pressure of the shower was so abysmal it was difficult to have a decent shower. The common areas were large and clean with plenty of seating available. Wifi is available at the hostel for $5 a day but I believe it is free for YHA members.
My key hadn't been coded properly and I couldn't get into my room after being out for the day but the reception staff quickly sorted this out for me.
On the whole I had a pleasant stay at the hostel and only the shower let it down.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is actually one of my favourite hostels to date, next time I'm in Wellington I'd definately stay here again and would reccomend to any other travellers... great central location, clean and friendly staff... don't actually have anything bad to say!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
YHA N, Manager at YHA Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Wow another very kind review. Thanks! Our team work really hard to make this place as cosy as possible so your feedback is very much appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Cheers,

Kieran O'Regan
YHA Wellington Operations Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The location was great - close to Cuba Street, Te Papa and supermarket. The 4-people dorm room is bigger than I thought. The staff were friendly. Big kitchen and common space for those who need them. The only thing that could have been improved is the shower - the amount of water flowing from the shower head is very little to have a nice shower.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The location is excellent; close to a bus stop and supermarket. There was no free internet, which is available. I arrived just before midnight and it wasn't a problem to get a room for me, though they seemed a bit hesitant at first. All was well in the end. I checked in late and checked out very early the next morning, so I can't really speak too much about the hostel, but it was a nice, comfortable stay for the short time I was there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo