“Peace and quiet and a Spa bath at last!”

Victoria Court Motor Lodge
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Peace and quiet and a Spa bath at last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Myself and a friend treated ourselves to a short getaway (3 nights) before the xmas rush and to celebrate our belated birthday's. I found Victoria Court Motor Lodge online whilst searching for an apartment with a spa bath. Upon booking I had requested an upstairs unit after reading previous reviews about some noise if you stay downstairs. I can honestly say that we both throughly enjoyed our stay at Victoria Court Motor Lodge I had received an upstairs unit as requested and on arrival we were greeted with a smile, maps, complimentary small container of milk, and an assortment of really nice coffee, tea and biscuits in the apartment. Since I live in a highrise appartment with just a shower having a spa bath was of utmost importance to me and boy did I sink into that luxurious spa bath with a glass of bubbles in my hand and a rather loud sigh of relief! The spa bath was fabulous :-) Location is also a major plus for staying here we walked everywhere so a car is not really needed. It is also rather quiet here considering the number of units and our unit was clean and tidy. One thing I did notice though is that our unit was not vacuumed daily during our stay and our spa bath had not been cleaned on our last night. The both of us were having a spa bath each nightly. Overall though I would highly recommend staying here and I would definitely return to Victoria Court Motor Lodge should I return to wellington again.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs unit If you do not want to hear people walking about and making noise above you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Palmerston North, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed a night in the Victoria Court recently, in an executive suite. The plus was the friendly welcome we received from the lady at Reception and the free parking and spa bath. From there it slid downhill. We weren't really sure what was 'executive' about our room, it had the pulling away wallpaper, crack in the bathroom sink type of look, all liveable but not really 'executive'. The bed was very firm, so much so that I tossed and turned all night trying to find some comfort. (My partner found it ok). As we were getting ready to leave we noticed the big cockroach in the bathroom, never a good look. And then to round off the experience the man at Reception couldn't have been surlier. He literally said the absolute minimum needed to see us on our way, no smile, no greeting, and didn't bother asking us how the night was. All rather disappointing and I probably wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dannel
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great place to stay, so close to everything , walking distance to city centre and restaurants.
Rooms are very clean , good parking. Good breakfast available and very friendly staff We found our every need cheerfully delivered.This is definitely the place to stay in Wellington.Our 2 night stay was so easy and relaxed , we look forward to our next trip to Wellington and will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We spent a lot of time looking for a motel with parking in Wellington and came across the Victoria Court. This is a very well located, very clean motel with comfortable quiet rooms. We stayed on the top floor (luckily they have a elevator). Our room was clean, shower great and bed comfy. Cuba Street close by and easy to get to through the back gate. We walked around the shopping and business areas which are all in easy reach. As we caught the early ferry, we had to leave early and had no problem except the lift doesn't work early (completly understandable) and we had to carry our luggage downstairs. All in all great place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Unbeatable location, walking distance to everything. The motel rooms are set back from the road so it was nice and quiet. We had a one bedroom unit for a family of 4 so the kids had their own bedroom and individual beds. Nice little kitchen and big spa bath, everything was very clean. Our heater intermittently made a really loud rattling noise which disturbed my sleep so had to turn it off. There was a fan heater that I was able to use to keep the chill out of the room. The guest laundry was handy but the dryer only went for about 20 minutes at a time so chewed through a few $2 coins to get clothes dry. The manager very kindly let us leave our car in the car park for the day after we checked out which was much appreciated. I would recommend this motel to others and would happily stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Absolutely shocking and disgraceful management. Spa not working in room and left me standing there for half an hour before I rang again. response was its not working & he hung up. No explanation or apology. wanted individual menus done. when I ordered my hubbys for 7am and mine for 8am ( we had different meeting times), no brekkie on time. when I rang office was told they had changed times to suit them & he hung up. Well had enough by then and packed up, went to pay bill and still got no apology. when I enquired why I was treated like this response was " Ive been busy & dont have time for this". I said why are you so rude, is it because Im maori? Response was " You said it now get out". Was very quick to take $150 for the night though. .Never thought I would witness racism like that. they used to be a lovely place to stay but never again. change of management is needed to bring back some standards.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank chiwenz
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

A great location in easy walking distance around the city of Wellington. No steep hills to climb back to your accommodation. Cuba St around the corner with some great places to eat. It was a bonus to have free parking on site. We walked to museum, CBD, botanical gardens and didn't use the car during our 2 day stay.
The 2 bedroomed apartment was clean, well equipped and comfortable for a family.
Lady at reception was very friendly and willing to assist.
Did find the charged internet fees a bit pricey, and you could only have one device connected at a time.
Very Affordable, and highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family