“Great central location”

Amora Hotel Wellington
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days whilst visiting Wellington, my room on the fourth floor enjoyed a wonderful view to the harbour. The room was nice and spacious with a kingsize bed, desk overlooking the window, tv with pay per view movies (if desired) and the bathroom with a separate bath and shower. The central location of the Amora places you a short walk to Te Papa, i-Site, shopping and restaurants.

Parking appears to be limited if you plan to park a car, but in my case I parked overnight at Te Papa which offers 24hr parking for $28. The Amora kindly provides a convenient parking map with parking options nearby with addresses for your gps.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BryGL
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear BryGL,
It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Amora Wellington. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review, highlighting the spaciousness of our guest rooms and our ideal location in the heart of the tourism district of Wellington. I do hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Amora Hotel Wellington

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The location is perfect...right around the corner from Cuba Street and Te Papa and Circe and all kinds of wonderful Wellington Restaurants and sights. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room spotlessly clean and very comfortable. This is a fine place to stay in Wellington.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Redshino
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Redshino,
I was delighted to read your comments in relation to the service you received from our staff, the cleanliness of your room and the superb location we enjoy here at the Amora Wellington. Thanks for providing a wonderful review; it is very much appreciated!
Liam Craughwell

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was near perfect. We loved the view and I only wish I had more time to gaze and enjoy the Harbour. The room seemed light and airy and spacious matched by a modern decor. Each morning we excitedly feasted on the breakfast buffet and enjoyed a perusal of the complimentary newspaper. The only slight downside was the off hand service at arrival and the staff in general. However, everything else was perfect including the location and I have booked to return in a few weeks.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor and the view was spectacular of the Harbour
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra V
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear SANDRA V,
Thank you for your very encouraging review. I have taken on board your comments and will address the issue of the service you received from our staff with my team, as this is not the standard that we strive for here at the Amora. However, I am delighted that you enjoyed your room, the view, and the buffet breakfast, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

After a number of stays at the Amora in the past, I must still say it is an excellent place to stay. However, this time we had just a couple of complaints about our stay. The air-con in our first room was noisy, so we asked to be moved after we were told that it could not be fixed. Which was all very well, but the air-con in the second room was actually worse than the first room. My partner accurately described it as sounding "like a truck starting up". The breakfast which has been good in the past was not up to scratch. The "hot" food was lukewarm at best, and some of it actually closer to cold.

Still excellent location, very good service, and nice clean rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear CR111,
I appreciate your feedback and have addressed the issues you have raised in relation to your last stay with my team. I do apologise that this was your experience on this occasion. It is always good to get constructive feedback from our regular guests as this is one of the channels that we use to make improvements where they are needed. It was good to read that you continue to enjoy the service of our staff, and the location and cleanliness of the hotel, and I do hope that you will continue to choose the Amora on many more occasions in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Excellent reception - Haley was superb on the front desk and looked after us so well. The suite was fabulous! The bathroom was superb, and tv channels were great. Bar prices were very reasonable, and the location was perfect. Can't wait to stay. Here again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lexielou2013
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Lexielou2013,
It was such a pleasure to read your review and I do appreciate you taking the time to write down your comments. I will ensure that Hayley is acknowledged in our Employee Recognition Program; this will be great encouragement for her and the rest of the team here at the Amora. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am here for a long stay (~2 weeks) while on a business trip in wellington. The staff are friendly and courteous. The check in was very efficiently done. The rooms are spacious, clean and tastefully done .....

However, the room that i was checked into had a lot of noise coming from the wall behind the bed (loud thuds, probably some plumbing lines) & the aircon was really noisy... Pointed this out to the hotel staff... Problem fixed the next day.... a week later, same problem.... Ended up spending 2-3 sleepless nights during my stay.... The hotel staff finally moved me to a new room when i complained the 2nd time....

Having said that, my overall experience at the hotel was good and i will stay here again in m next trip to wellington....

Room Tip: Harbor view from 5th floor and upwards is really good !!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear sood_varun85,
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and the service of our staff, and that your check-in was efficient. I will address the issue of the noise that you experienced with our Rooms Division Manager; please don't hesitate to contact me on +64 4 473 3900 if you would like to discuss this further. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Wellington.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here just one night when attending a function in Wellington. Nice and central - lovely room - liked the decor - clean and wine and chocolates a nice touch.And even though there was a school ball being held on the night we were there (same floor) we had no problems with noise at all. Check in was a bit slow but otherwise would definitly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank czzzk

Dear CZZZK,
I very much appreciate your encouraging comments and I hope you get the opportunity to visit us here at the Amora again soon.