“Good location”

Amora Hotel Wellington
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
“Good location”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel in a great location. Easy walking distance to most of wellington cities highlights. Rooms of a nice size. A little disappointed about the gym facilities and lack of pool but then again who wants to sit in the hotel and not wander this lovely city.

• Stayed September 2013
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Cathy_OConnor,
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here in Wellington, and hope that you will get the opportunity to visit us again soon. Many thanks for providing a review.
Liam Craughwell, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our visit here was wonderful, the hotel was luxurious, and we even got upgraded to a larger room which was a pleasant surprise! The staff were great, the room was amazing, the dinner was delicious (a little pricey but was worth it).
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Melissa G,
I very much appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay, highlighting the service of our staff and your dining experience. It is always such a pleasure to receive positive feedback, and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Wellington.
Cambridge, New Zealand
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I took our first weekend off in many years and spent it in Wellington at the Amora. We were greatly impressed when met at the door by Bipin, who carried our bags in and started the check-in process for us. The front staff, though young, were kind and attentive and very polite.
We dined in the restaurant and enjoyed good service and fine fare. Our weekend was just right and we were impressed by the professionalism of all the staff. Not once did we note staff idly chatting among themselves and ignoring the customers. They were very focused on customer satisfaction and gave the time and space needed for decision making.

Well done, we will be back.

Room Tip: As all rooms are sea facing you will be treated to fine views no matter where you are.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Aaron U,
It was fantastic to read your comments in relation to the service of our staff, and your dining experience in our Grill Restaurant, and I will pass on your feedback to our team who I am sure will be encouraged by your review. I do hope you both get the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I travel quite a bit with work and the Amora is a very good centrally placed hotel. Probably good for tourists as well as its close to museum etc. breakfast very good. Didn't check out gym etc but my colleague did and said they where fine. Stay quite often in Wellington and Amora is probably my favorite mid priced range hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Mickmiller583,
I was delighted to read your review and look forward to providing you with your hospitality requirements on many more occasions in the future! Thanks for your fantastic feedback, we hope to see you back at the Amora soon.
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here recently for a conference. All of the staff were attentive and helpful. Food in restaurant was good. Stayed in a Club room (with lounge access) and enjoyed the 'peaceful' breakfast each day and the ability to escape in the afternoon and enjoy the view with drinks and canapés. Large bathroom. Amenities ok. Gym quite small. Great views.

Room Tip: The Club Floor is worth the extra spend.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Jenallan18,
I very much appreciate your feedback, and was pleased to read that you made good use of our Club Lounge facility as a place to escape to and relax. Thank you for taking the time to provide a very encouraging review.
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I understood refurbishments had been completed. This was not the case. We also had a cleanliness problem with our toilet. We were disappointed with the lack of car parking too. This was a result of the recent earthquakes. It was great to see Bippen in the foyer still doing a stifling job greeting people.

• Stayed August 2013
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Graham L,
I have taken note of your comments and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I do hope you will consider a return visit to the Amora Hotel in the future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 2, 2013

OK I am biased and I admit that up front. This was my 100th stay at the Amora hotel and I am proud of it.

I suppose I have over the years become accepting of the institutions’ idiosyncrasies and I have instead basked in the warm reception I received every time I show my face at the door.

The food is really very good (oddly not a lot of hotels are good at food) and the way the events team work to make each event a special occasion is laudable.

I find the beds comfortable and the fact that every room (that I have stayed in!) has a wonderful outlook (mostly of the harbour) is pretty special.

I love the chocolates on turn down time and the person who fulfils that role.

And of course the wonderful doorman who is now in his i thin 21st year at the door. Thank you.

For the meantime I have stopped staying at this lovely hotel because I have taken a permanent apartment in Wellington, but I really miss all the ‘hello’ and ‘how are you this morning?’ comments and the sense of coming home when I walk into a room.

If you can afford to, I recommend the suites, they are spacious and comfortable without being overly opulent (that said there are a couple that are pretty opulent) and the access to the Club lounge reinforces the sense of individual treatment.

Anyway all this to publicly express a huge vote of thanks to all the staff at Amora for all your welcoming warmth and helpfulness over the previous few years. I will be back and I always recommend your hotel other travelling folks.

Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear David43Oliver,
I am so appreciative of your wonderful feedback, and have forwarded a copy to my team who work hard to deliver a superior service to our guests. This is such an encouraging review for us here at the Amora, it feels wonderful to know that you have felt looked after, and like a part of the Amora family! We are grateful for your loyalty to us, and although as you mentioned, your stays won't be as frequent, we do hope that you get the opportunity to visit us on many more occasions in the future.