“Loved every Minute”

Amora Hotel Wellington
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Wanted to enjoy a nice hotel experience to tie in with our visit to the opera. Amora exceeded our expectations. Staff were exceptionally helpful, giving my little grandie a choice of biscuits and advising us that, as we would be sitting for three hours and short on time, we may enjoy their express menu for dinner. We weren't disappointed. Our room was spotless, we felt pampered from whoa to go. If we again need a hotel in Wellington we will make the same choice.

Room Tip: Make your needs known. We arrived early morning, well before check-in time. Asked if we could leave...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear Cheryll G,
It was such a pleasure to read your review; I hope you enjoyed the Opera and I was so pleased that the Amora contributed to what sounds like a very pleasant stay in Wellington. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here in Mid August 2013 and must say that it has had a great renovation since it's days as the Duxton. Rooms were great, bed comfortable and the service and staff fantastic. Had a view of Wellington Harbour and the checkin and check out were very efficient.

Only downside (like so many hotels in Australia and New Zealand) was no free wifi. When will they get over that.

Room Tip: Facing the harbour is the way to go!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear cam_sydney4,
I was delighted to read of your experience here at the Amora, and very much appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in Wellington.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed here in April for 4 nights for my 5oth birthday. We had the Club Room Package, it was superb. Rooms were clean, service at breakfast and drinks at club lounge was attentive. Location is fantastic. Round the corner is Cuba St and all the quaint little shops. This hotel is so centrally located. There is a lot to Wellington than meets the eye. We took the package that includes valet car parking, our vehicle is always ready for us when we wanted it. Loved it. We'll be back!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny C
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Dear Jenny C,
It was a pleasure to read your comments and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am delighted that we helped contribute to what sounds like a very successful 50th birthday celebration, and I hope this experience might entice you back for another stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

A super introduction to Wellington. The hotel is brilliantly placed, close to CubaStreet and the main museum. This was particularly valuable as the weather was foul for our visit! My husband and I had opted for the Club floor option and were delighted with the value for money - drinks and canapés, and a fabulously generous and delicious breakfast were included. We also found the free WiFi very valuable - we were on holiday but have to keep in touch with our respective offices. Everyone we came across, whether on the front desk or in the club lounge, was unfailingly helpful and friendly - really super service.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sally S,
I am delighted to read your review and do appreciate your comments. I am happy that you had such an enjoyable stay, and I hope to welcome you back to the Amora Hotel Wellington in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my room and the location was brilliant. The staff on the counters were kind and helpful. One guy who came to room was a bit rude as I had a sign on my door for privacy however when I requested milk he said he would have knocked and given it to me because of this sign even though I had just spoken to them and said I was in to deliver this milk. My bad for not realising the sign was still on but he kept on a bit too much about this small sign for awhile more than needed! The main issue is the extremely over priced wi fi for the amount paid to stay here you would think they could make it cheaper!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Emily87h

Dear Emily87h,
I will take your comments into consideration; I always appreciate receiving constructive feedback as this is often a basis from which improvements are made here at the Amora Hotel. I will investigate the issue in relation to the milk delivery, thank you for bringing this to my attention. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your room and our ideal location, and the service of our reception staff, and hope these experiences might entice you to visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly positioned to enjoy wellington. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. The bed was comfy, but there was a bit of road noise, so if you're sensitive to that it might not be the best sleep. The reception and concierge staff stood out, they were extremely personable, polite and helpful- a real credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
AmoraHotelWellington, General Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Nova1982,
Thank you for providing some very encouraging feedback, particularly in relation to the service you received from our staff; it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback in this area. I have taken note of your comments, and I do hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had two nights at the Amora Hotel in Wellington and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Check in was very quick and I had a fantastic room (813) looking across to and down the harbor. It was one of the largest hotel rooms I’ve ever had with a very large bathroom to match. It was very elegant, clean and everything worked well. A great large soft bed and I never heard a thing from the traffic below. There are computers and internet in the business centre available for use by purchasing a $5 voucher from the front desk.

Getting there; I caught a taxi from the airport which took just under 15 mins to get to the hotel and cost $31NZD ($24 fare plus a $7 airport surcharge). Upon departure I walked down to Manners St and caught the bus out to the airport. This cost $9NZD and took 20 mins. The bus stop is approx five minutes walk from the hotel. There is a multi storey car park beside the hotel but it is best to get in early as it seemed to fill up quickly.

The location is excellent. Te Papa (the New Zealand history museum) is less than five minutes walk away whilst the main street (Willis St) is just over five minutes away behind the hotel. Cuba Street with its restaurants, bars and cafes is less than five minutes walk away. A New World Supermarket is 5 mins walk from the hotel down Wakefield St. With restaurants and bars only a couple of minutes walk away, Wellington has an excellent selection of places to eat and certainly has changed a lot, becoming one of New Zealands premier dining and entertainment areas. The CBD is quite small so everything is within easy reach of the hotel. Parliament house is around 15 – 20 mins walk away, whilst the cable car is around 15 mins from the hotel.

The Te Papa Museum is definitely worth a visit. There was a severe storm duing my stay and Te Papa was a great place to hide for a couple of hours!

Overall it is a fantastic hotel in a great location and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Definitely get a Harbour View room on a high floor!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank NX622

Dear NX622,
It was such a pleasure to read your review, and I am glad to know that we contributed to what sounds like a very pleasant visit to Wellington! I do hope you get the opportunity to visit us again soon.