“Amazing space in the heart of the city”

Amora Hotel Wellington
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Wellington
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Value for money, this is a massive modern hotel just minutes from the museum in heart of Wellington. Rental car parking is $ 30 a night. Good family room with two queen beds and reasonable space. Courteous staff. Gave us complementary Wifi for 24 hrs.

Room Tip: Book through Wotif to suite your requirement
1  Thank drajoshi
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear drajoshi,
It was a pleasure to read your comments and I hope that your stay with us contributed to a successful and enjoyable trip to New Zealand.
Liam Craughwell, Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here on business. Lovely room and excellent service. Only grumble was the wifi kept dropping out and was pretty much useless. But they did take the cost off my bill. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear gf6,
Great to hear that you had a pleasant stay (my apologies for the problems you experienced with wifi; I will have a look into this). Have a Happy Christmas and I hope that you can visit us again at the Amora Hotel, in the New Year.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Had a fabulous room, breakfast buffet is AMAZING. Had 3 servings at 10am and didn't have to eat again until 4pm, so was well worth it. Everyone was so nice and accommodating to every ask I had. Plus, perfect location. Was just wonderful apart from only being able to watch a movie once when purchased at $15, fell asleep halfway through and would have had to buy again if wanted to watch the rest and could feel where the two beds had been pushed together which made sleeping a little iffy and no knives or forks in the room? Also wished there was a pool and spa hah.

Room Tip: Request habour views!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear Sylvia M,
It was a pleasure to read of your enjoyable breakfast experience here at the Amora Hotel, and am glad that you made full use of it! I appreciate your feedback and have noted your comments, and I do hope you can stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My parents and I stayed in a 2 x queen bed room for two nights, while I was graduating from Victoria University of Wellington. The hotel is in a phenomenal location - just one block away from the bustling Courtney Place, diagonally across from Te Papa Tongarewa - The Museum of New Zealand, very near the Michael Fowler Centre, and just a short walk from Cuba Street, Lambton Quay and the heart of the business district. The room was comfortable, and having both a bath and shower in the bathroom was great. It would have been good to have had a couple of side plates, and one knife provided, on top of the tea/coffee making facilities. So what were the shortcomings? The buffet breakfast is expensive, as is the room service breakfast for what you get (a small bowl of cereal, yoghurt, one croissant and coffee is not worth $15). The second thing was that we requested a taxi to get my parents to the station and then me on to the Interislander terminal. The taxi was not there at 7.00am when we requested it. The concierge team said that they would chase it up, but there was still no taxi 20 minutes later, and we were getting tight on time. Once the taxi finally turned up, the driver told us that he had been given the wrong pick-up details by the hotel, and so had been waiting at another hotel since 7.00am. The attitude from one of the concierge staff was less than I would have liked - the first time my mother talked to him, he did little. It was only when the concierge in the top hat took control, that the taxi turned up.

Room Tip: Two tips for those trying to save money - 1) parking is free in the street parks in front of the hot...

Dear Adrian J,
Thank you for providing a review of your stay. I have taken on board your comments and in particular the difficulty you experienced when booking a taxi and I will investigate this issue with the appropriate Department Manager; however if you would like to discuss this matter with me further please don't hesitate to call me on (04) 473 3900. Thanks again for your feedback and congratulations on graduating!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Great hotel to stay in for our family visit to Wellington.
Great, easy location to attractions and transport. Great rooms, very clean/tidy with good coffee/tea facilities and large bathroom facilities.
Wonderful, extensive breakfast that our girls loved.
Only very slight negative, was that no kids channels were screened on sky through the hotel rooms. Even one (eg Disney) would have been great to have - but that was only a minor detail.

Dear 4tuataras,
It was great to read that you had a pleasant stay here recently with your family, and that you enjoyed our fantastic location, breakfast and room. I have noted your comment in relation to providing a kids chanel on Sky tv and will take this into consideration. I do hope you and your family will get the opportunity to make a return visit in the near future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Love the Amora! Excellent service, valet parking is great and pretty reasonable rates for downtown wellington, they even let me leave it there until 4.00 on the day I checked out without charging me. My favourite purple chair and footstool overlooking the harbour. Only little gripe is the shower water flow is not great and the fittings could do with an update. But overall a great experience.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Heather L
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Heather L,
It was a pleasure to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and I hope you can make a return visit at some stage soon. I have noted your comment about the waterflow from the shower and will address this issue with our Maintenance Team; thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do appreciate all feedback which helps us make improvements where needed, and I thank you for taking the time to write down your comments.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Wellington is a lovely place, and the Amora Hotel is a great place to explore it. The location is perfect: right in the centre, facing the sea. The harbour and the famous Te Papa Museum are just minutes away. My room on the 9th floor was spotless, spacious and had a lovely view. But what made the place really special was the cheerful, very helpful attitude of the staff. I really would love to go back to Wellington, and I wouldn't hesitate a second about staying at the Amora.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Talkabout,
Thank you for a wonderful review of our hotel and our fabulous city. It is great to see such positive reviews of our staff and levels of service coming through as we have been working hard in this area. I really appreciate your comments, and hope you are able to make a return trip to Wellington in the near future.