Amora Hotel Wellington
$116
$92
Official Site
  • Restaurant
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$57
$47
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$64
$61
  • Room Service
1,186 results
All reviewste papaclub roomgreat locationmichael fowler centreacross the roadvalet parkingwellington harbourbuffet breakfastspacious roompillow menuharbour viewshower headking bedfree wificuba stnew zealanda bit tired
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Funny reading other peoples reviews, I could not match their experiences to the Hotel. In comparison with other Hotels I have stayed in, and I stay in alot, this was great! It was a surprise Wotif Deal so we may have payed less than the normal, but for us it was great value for money. The lobby was nice, the parking was convenient, the staff helpful.. The room was modern, large and the bed was comfy, infact I wanted to stay another night. Convenience to everywhere was ideal. I loved my room and I am fussy so..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Hi Sara K,

Thank you for your review and your opinions. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotels facilities and location, making it an enjoyable experience for yourself. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Amora in Wellington NZ in late September,room had been refurbished and looked good, could not say that about air conditioning which sounded like a tractor, overall too expensive for what was offered

• Stayed: September 2012
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Hi Napier1,

Thank you for your review of your stay in September. We are in the process of upgrading our air conditioning which will hopefully add to the guest experience and make your next stay much more enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel is well located, just opposite the bational museum and close the the main shopping street and Cuba Street (lots of bars and restaurants). Lacking in character in a business hotel sort of way, but beds are comfortable, rooms clean and bathrooms adequate. Reasonably good value, as deals are available online.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Hi TheGreenFrog,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay within the hotel and made good use of its location. I hope to welcome you back next time you are stopping by in Wellington.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The best thing is the location - Te Papa was about 2 minutes walk across the road, TSB Arena about 5, Courtenay Place, Cuba St etc all a short walk away. Plenty of cafes and really cool cocktail bars nearby. We had a great view of the harbour from our room which was recently refurbished and just lovely. The windows are not double glazed so there was a bit of revellry noise on the Saturday night but we were on the 7th floor and it didnt keep me awake despite being a light sleeper. The bed was firm and very comfortable and the bathroom nicely laid out. The only flaw we found was our request for the paper to be delivered each morning didnt happen but that was a minor issue. The breakfast in The Grill was part of the package deal we had and it was very good. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Cat R,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the package inclusions that you booked. I am very sorry that you never received your requested newspapers; I have passed this onto our Front Office team to follow up to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for taking the time to place a review of your recent stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I do like the Amora Hotel in Wellington. Location is good and priced about avaerage for corporate accomodations. The things I don't like is the fact that the place is skimping on some basics eg no bottled water, no newspaper unless you request it specially, and theres more no shuttle services, not even a pair of slippers.
I know its not much but a bottle of water per guest, per day should be a standard and has been to most mid priced hotels.
The good points are the friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: dont go 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Hi Konrad J,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on how the hotel is perceived by our valuable guests. We are currently looking into our amenities and value the comments you have placed in your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the hote. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.