“Good Location”

Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good Location”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed in the hotel over a weekend.

It is well located being close to all of the attractions that Wellington has to offer.

The hotel rooms have been recently refurbished and have a fresh modern look. The bed was very comfortable!The bathrooms do not appear to have been refurbished and look a bit dated but that is not a major issue.

The bar area was busy on the nights we stayed and they could have done with more staff behind the bar who knew how to make the sort of drinks we order. The service was a bit slow. However, this is a business hotel and not a resort so not really an issue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Hi MandA6468,

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you especially enjoyed the rooms and the location of the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager is regards to the bar and will make sure that this is rectified. Thank you for taking the time to place a review on the hotel and your stay, we do appreciate your feedback.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Ahipara, New Zealand
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Funny reading other peoples reviews, I could not match their experiences to the Hotel. In comparison with other Hotels I have stayed in, and I stay in alot, this was great! It was a surprise Wotif Deal so we may have payed less than the normal, but for us it was great value for money. The lobby was nice, the parking was convenient, the staff helpful.. The room was modern, large and the bed was comfy, infact I wanted to stay another night. Convenience to everywhere was ideal. I loved my room and I am fussy so..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Hi Sara K,

Thank you for your review and your opinions. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotels facilities and location, making it an enjoyable experience for yourself. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Amora in Wellington NZ in late September,room had been refurbished and looked good, could not say that about air conditioning which sounded like a tractor, overall too expensive for what was offered

• Stayed September 2012
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hi Napier1,

Thank you for your review of your stay in September. We are in the process of upgrading our air conditioning which will hopefully add to the guest experience and make your next stay much more enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel is well located, just opposite the bational museum and close the the main shopping street and Cuba Street (lots of bars and restaurants). Lacking in character in a business hotel sort of way, but beds are comfortable, rooms clean and bathrooms adequate. Reasonably good value, as deals are available online.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Hi TheGreenFrog,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay within the hotel and made good use of its location. I hope to welcome you back next time you are stopping by in Wellington.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The best thing is the location - Te Papa was about 2 minutes walk across the road, TSB Arena about 5, Courtenay Place, Cuba St etc all a short walk away. Plenty of cafes and really cool cocktail bars nearby. We had a great view of the harbour from our room which was recently refurbished and just lovely. The windows are not double glazed so there was a bit of revellry noise on the Saturday night but we were on the 7th floor and it didnt keep me awake despite being a light sleeper. The bed was firm and very comfortable and the bathroom nicely laid out. The only flaw we found was our request for the paper to be delivered each morning didnt happen but that was a minor issue. The breakfast in The Grill was part of the package deal we had and it was very good. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Cat R,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the package inclusions that you booked. I am very sorry that you never received your requested newspapers; I have passed this onto our Front Office team to follow up to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for taking the time to place a review of your recent stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.
Sydney
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I do like the Amora Hotel in Wellington. Location is good and priced about avaerage for corporate accomodations. The things I don't like is the fact that the place is skimping on some basics eg no bottled water, no newspaper unless you request it specially, and theres more no shuttle services, not even a pair of slippers.
I know its not much but a bottle of water per guest, per day should be a standard and has been to most mid priced hotels.
The good points are the friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: dont go 4th floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Hi Konrad J,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on how the hotel is perceived by our valuable guests. We are currently looking into our amenities and value the comments you have placed in your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the hote. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Firstly the location is ideal, right in the hub of Wellington. Nice friendly check-in but the room key issued to me did not work so I went back down to reception and was given a new one and this also didn't open the door. 3rd time lucky and we finally got settled. We were also not asked if we would like a hand with our luggage so we did our own. The rooms are ok but the bathrooms are in need of an upgrade and some TLC. A number of Cracked tiles, old fashioned taps and fittings, shower was temperamental. All staff we encountered were helpful and obliging so to sum it up Amora has the location and staff but the rooms are in need of some tender loving care. I also gave up on the wireless as you had to go down to reception and get a code which was inconvenient so this could be simplified or provided free of charge as a guest delight?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hi vacation472,

Thank you for your comments and feedback from your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our staff. I have taken your comments onboard and am looking into improving the guest experience in these areas.