Amora Hotel Wellington
Trinity Hotel(Wellington)
  • Fitness center
Bay Plaza Hotel(Wellington)
1,186 results
All reviewste papaclub roomgreat locationmichael fowler centreacross the roadvalet parkingwellington harbourbuffet breakfastspacious roompillow menuharbour viewshower headking bedfree wificuba stnew zealanda bit tired
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The best thing is the location - Te Papa was about 2 minutes walk across the road, TSB Arena about 5, Courtenay Place, Cuba St etc all a short walk away. Plenty of cafes and really cool cocktail bars nearby. We had a great view of the harbour from our room which was recently refurbished and just lovely. The windows are not double glazed so there was a bit of revellry noise on the Saturday night but we were on the 7th floor and it didnt keep me awake despite being a light sleeper. The bed was firm and very comfortable and the bathroom nicely laid out. The only flaw we found was our request for the paper to be delivered each morning didnt happen but that was a minor issue. The breakfast in The Grill was part of the package deal we had and it was very good. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Hi Cat R,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the package inclusions that you booked. I am very sorry that you never received your requested newspapers; I have passed this onto our Front Office team to follow up to ensure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for taking the time to place a review of your recent stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I do like the Amora Hotel in Wellington. Location is good and priced about avaerage for corporate accomodations. The things I don't like is the fact that the place is skimping on some basics eg no bottled water, no newspaper unless you request it specially, and theres more no shuttle services, not even a pair of slippers.
I know its not much but a bottle of water per guest, per day should be a standard and has been to most mid priced hotels.
The good points are the friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: dont go 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Hi Konrad J,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to give feedback on how the hotel is perceived by our valuable guests. We are currently looking into our amenities and value the comments you have placed in your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the hote. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Firstly the location is ideal, right in the hub of Wellington. Nice friendly check-in but the room key issued to me did not work so I went back down to reception and was given a new one and this also didn't open the door. 3rd time lucky and we finally got settled. We were also not asked if we would like a hand with our luggage so we did our own. The rooms are ok but the bathrooms are in need of an upgrade and some TLC. A number of Cracked tiles, old fashioned taps and fittings, shower was temperamental. All staff we encountered were helpful and obliging so to sum it up Amora has the location and staff but the rooms are in need of some tender loving care. I also gave up on the wireless as you had to go down to reception and get a code which was inconvenient so this could be simplified or provided free of charge as a guest delight?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AmoraHotelWellington, Manager at Amora Hotel Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Hi vacation472,

Thank you for your comments and feedback from your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and our staff. I have taken your comments onboard and am looking into improving the guest experience in these areas.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Duxton is dead long live the Amora. I generally stay at this hotel when I can. This was my first visit since both the change of name and refurbishment. The refurbishments are good. The beds are comfortable, with great sheets, the inclusion of an easy chair with ottoman is welcome and the furniture is more in keeping with the 21st Century. The room has everything expected of a full service hotel. The bathrooms, although retaining the travertine look are still large and serviceable. The shower cubicle, at least in the room I had was large. However, the shower head could be a little higher. One thing that has not changed is the great prompt, efficient and courteous service. The hotel itself is well located being right in the centre of the city with all the attractions of the city - Waterfront, Museum, shopping, restaurants, cable car, being a very easy walk. The vast majority of rooms in the Amora afford a great view over the bay and across the habour. The rooms are large and on the whole attractive. I like this hotel for it s location, it just can’t be beaten. The room we stayed in was on the 8th floor and towards the end of the corridor.

Hi bluebiker,

It's always such a pleasure to hear from a guest that is able to compare the hotel from before our refurb days to now and have such great things to say! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I'm very pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spent only one night in the Hotel however found it to be well furnished, breakfast included was good quality and the location of the Hotel was fantastic for getting around the sites on foot. Would definitely stay here again.

Hi Kma111,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on this return.