“Never dealing with them again”
Review of Social Cooking

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Social Cooking
More attraction details
Owner description: this is where you go and make your own dinner with instruction from a chef, ie beef welly, etc etc. one cost includes all ingredients etc
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Never dealing with them again”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I attempted to book a social cooking class using a voucher I got from treat me. I was trying to book a few months in advance bc it can be difficult to coordinate 6 people's diaries. I exchanged several emails with some people from social cooking and the final email said, "I'll be a sweetie and book you in." The day arrives and me and my 5 friends go to social cooking to find out we were never booked for that class. We were told to go have drinks at a bar nearby and they would pay for it and tomorrow he would call me to sort out what happened. When I tried to explain what had happened and show him the email corresponce we had (which I had fortunately brought with me), he said "I don't want this to get explosive," and brushed me off. I wasn't trying to be explosive he kept saying "I don't know how this happened" so I wanted to show him and explain how it happened. We were ushered out the door and told to go to a bar nearby where he would pick up the tab. As were walking to the bar he rang me to say, the manager was not at the bar, but to have drinks on him and he'll pay me back and call me tomorrow to rebook. Fine. So the next day he calls and we talk it over, he still has not read our email exchange but will not let me explain. So Im still keen to do the course with my friends and he gives me the option to rebook or get a refund. I chose to rebook because as I said, we were still keen. A few minutes later I get an email from him saying oh well actually I was at fault because I never responded to his email that said "I'll be a sweetie and book you in." Apparently he said I needed to confirm that and email him and say yes, book us. After there were 3 previous emails from me saying I would like you to book us in for that date/time. And since I was at fault, he won't give us a refund, which as I had said before, we weren't interested in a refund. So then when I tried to call him to discuss this he would not answer his phone and instead texted me to say he doesn't want to fight with me and he can tell that Im angry and fighting won't solve anything. Thank you for being so intuned with my emotions and telling me how Im feeling. I emailed him my bank details to pay me back for the drinks he promised us and he said he would pay. He never paid. So I emailed him again and he said he would pay. Then I emailed him again....this went on for 2 1/2 months. Numerous emails from me saying please pay me and him saying soon, tomorrow, this week,already did etc. I finally had to have my friend call to ask him to pay me. He is an awful person to have to deal with and I would not recommend this place to anyone. He can not take responsibility for his mistake and tried to make it my fault. Then to buy us drinks and never pay for it- so professional. I will never deal with him or this company again and I encourage the rest of you not to. When our day finally came to return I was unfortunately unable to go due to another matter. My friends went and there were mixed reviews. As I said, I will never make plans to go and would encourage you not to have to deal with him.

Visited March 2012
9 Thank Mustafa O

Montpellier, France
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Mexican and French cooking”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Have been twice now in the past 3 months to Social Cooking and have had an amazing time on both occasions. enjoyed lovely wine and cooked the yummiest meals which I have made again since.
The staff are great fun and very helpful and you can buy great deals to come back.
Cost effective, fun night out with friends and family but also a great business networking type facility.
Recommend this experience!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Toni K
Christchurch, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Mediterranean seafood cooking”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I booked this course as a wedding anniversary present to my husband. I do not do Seafood, zucchini, tomatoes, capers etc but my husband loves cooking so I purchased this for me.

We flew to Wellington stayed across the road at the Copthorne Oriental.

16 people, we had a station between two, the recipe was demonstrated first and then we went to our stations, everything was prepared for us. It was great fun and very social.

Any questions please ask.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank ChrisMarty
MsbeaMsbea
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Just awesome! we are going again!”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

we had the best time here - its a more fun thing than just going out to eat - they provide all the ingredients,the chef gives you a demo then you go off to make the food in workstation groups (ours was a group of four couples) and we had a ball! we got the wine and dessert with our deal so fabulous! we have kids so this was a real treat to get out to do. we will definintely be going back.

Visited February 2012