“Good find! ” 4 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good find! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I found this place while looking for another place and I'm glad we decided to give this place a go. The food was good and the staff were friendly and they had my favourite cider so I was even happier. Will be back again when next over here.

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Went last night for a few drinks - great range available and fantastic prices. Staff were very friendly.

Visited January 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad atmosphere and rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I've been to this bar a couple of times and each time my opinion of it diminishes a little. First of all there's the way the place is laid out, its dark, grimey and crowded. On previous visits I found that the barman had no clue what he was doing, drinks pored half head half beer. The food they sell appears to be pre-made and frozen, I got a pizza there once and it was stone cold doughy and decidely supermarket-ish. The most recent time was the final straw however. I was celebrating the end of exams and the academic year with some friends (all 20+), upon entering the empty bar the barman, an old guy with a beard, came wandering over and proceeded to give us a telling off, telling us that we are old enough to drink so we should behave like adults, there was nothing wrong with anything we did, we caused no damage, disruption, or upset at all, the experience left us a bit stunned. After this he brought us some menus and started off again about our 'bad' behaviour. We left immediately afterwards. I work for a very well repsected hotel and I certainly wouldn't recomend this pathetic establishment with it's terrible food and rude staff.

Visited November 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Okay but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Years ago this place was the Curry Club and I had my stag night meal here. 20+ years on and it is a pub and I came here for lunch on two occasions - once with one of the guys from the stag night (how we have changed!) On both occasions we had platters. The beer tasting platter had feta cheese, gherkins, olives, sun dried tomatos, garlic bread, etc. It was okay but not really the right mix for a lunch. On the other occasion we ordered the platter with loads of deep fried options, chips, chicken pieces, fish pieces, etc etc. It was probably a bit of a deep fried overdose to be honest. It's an okay place to come, the focus is really on the drinks, and the food was just a bit of an add on. Not my sort of scene.

Visited July 2013
Adelaide, Australia
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Great little find on a cold Saturday evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Meet family here while visiting Wellington. great menu and I liked the fact that when two of us on the table misread the menu and had our heart set on a couple of dishes that were in fact on the Lunch menu - the chef was happy to prepare these for us. The food is not amazing - just good pub food and the prices reflected this. Great service and since the league was on was a nice quiet evening which was also great. Not much of a walk from the CBD of Wellington.

Visited May 2013