“Okay but nothing special”
Review of Tap Haus

Tap Haus
Ranked #16 of 25 Nightlife in Wellington
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Years ago this place was the Curry Club and I had my stag night meal here. 20+ years on and it is a pub and I came here for lunch on two occasions - once with one of the guys from the stag night (how we have changed!) On both occasions we had platters. The beer tasting platter had feta cheese, gherkins, olives, sun dried tomatos, garlic bread, etc. It was okay but not really the right mix for a lunch. On the other occasion we ordered the platter with loads of deep fried options, chips, chicken pieces, fish pieces, etc etc. It was probably a bit of a deep fried overdose to be honest. It's an okay place to come, the focus is really on the drinks, and the food was just a bit of an add on. Not my sort of scene.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Meet family here while visiting Wellington. great menu and I liked the fact that when two of us on the table misread the menu and had our heart set on a couple of dishes that were in fact on the Lunch menu - the chef was happy to prepare these for us. The food is not amazing - just good pub food and the prices reflected this. Great service and since the league was on was a nice quiet evening which was also great. Not much of a walk from the CBD of Wellington.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Tap House ( Also known as 'The Bru Haus') is a centrally located bar in Wellington, where you can sample some of Wellington's finest craft beers. Sure they have other beers on tap and a great selection of wines, if beer is not your thing.

Food is simple yet appropriate when sampling beer that can range from a German style wheat beer through to a robust rasiney porter.
The decor is simple and stylish, but not overly so as it would distract from the stars of the establishment. Beer is celibrated here in all styles and people tend to get quite excited by what they are drinking and how it tastes. The staff are always to help you decide on what is your perfect brew.

It is certainly a place where thisty travellers should go if you want to experience Wellington's emerging craft beer scene.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is another great venue for craft beers, with a great selection. There is a little issue if there customer numbers are low as it is not oozing with atmosphere without them. Good for a large group.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Went to Tap Haus last week and was very quiet, however guy behind the bar was talkative and friendly, but once I started the beer conversations. Quite expensive, and ended up at the little Beer Quarter.
Had thoughts that it was in same ownership as the Bru Haus, which was extremely disappointing. Worst customer service at bru Haus, especially when the rugby was on. No way those staff would get a job at my hotel / bar.
Tap Haus, was great to fill in time, but can't say I'd go out of my way to go back.