“World Class Wellington Zoo!!”
Review of Wellington Zoo

and up
Wellington Hop-on Hop-Off Bus Tour
Ranked #8 of 234 things to do in Wellington
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit us today and discover why Wellington Zoo is gaining a reputation for being the best little zoo in the whole wide world!
Wellington, New Zealand
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“World Class Wellington Zoo!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I'm a local Wellingtonian and admit I've been a bit slack about visiting local attractions. I've had the opportunity to be parent help on 2 recent school visits to Wellington Zoo and have been absolutely amazed at what is now offered at the Zoo. This is a world class attraction, with fantastic staff who are keen to share their knowledge with visitors. On both recent trips we experienced clean, well kept facilities. The animals are in spacious, well designed enclosures with plenty of great observation areas. The zoo keepers talks and feeding times are definitely well worth catching if you can fit them into your day at the zoo. Wow, Wellington Zoo you are amazing!!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Saddleworth, null, United Kingdom
“Love that zoo!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Recently on a trip to see my daughter in wellington, I visited the zoo. My daughter has lived in wellington for 7 months and regularly visits the zoo! I am sceptical on zoos as I don't really like to see animals in captivity but I was very surprised. It was fantastic, animals had plenty of room to wonder around and the staff were fantastic and seemed to care so much about the animals. It was clean with plenty of shrubbery to walk around. I can highly recommend it as a trip and the value for money is brilliant . Make a date and go you won't be disappointed

Corry, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“More than I expected”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Zoo map with feeding times - and zookeeper with information about the animals. Walk up to the kangaroos and ostrich. Clean, well kept up. The animals seemed happy. Close up experience to most of the animals, especially the monkeys.

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great small zoo, well worth seeing”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Loved wellington zoo so much, the facilities and enclosures were fabulous and spacious, and there was a wide variety of animals to see. I was very impressed with how well maintained and kept the enclosures were and how much space the animals all had to move. Our highlight was getting to hand feed the giraffes at no extra cost as we just happened to be walking past at feeding time, it was an amazing experience!

Visited March 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful Red Pandas!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We went to Wellington Zoo to do the Red Panda experience which was fantastic. The keeper who took us round was friendly and happy to answer questions. We were able to hand feed the red pandas who are very inquisitive and cat like. They'll come up onto your lap whilst your feeding them and you're able to give them a stroke. Were we reviewing this experience alone we would give it 5 stars.

The rest of the Zoo was nice but quite small. We were unlucky with the weather and there weren't many other visitors which meant the cafe in the middle of the zoo wasn't serving a wide selection of food. We also went to the giraffe talk and were able to hand feed them, the guide again was good. Compared to other zoos this one was very reasonably priced.

Visited October 2013