Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa

from $10.75
from $15.29
from $14.33
14,062 results
All reviews te papa new zealand earthquake house anzac exhibition natural history larger than life all ages free entry nz history interactive displays few hours rainy day world class weta workshop world war on display great place to visit
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2019

off season visit, allow plenty of time to watch everything. interesting performance/show, nice dinner

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019

On my first visit I had a guided tour with Chris which added a lot of dimension to the museum. I went back to see a Kapa Haka performance which was magical, and then again on a quieter day to see the Gallipoli: The Scale Of Our War installation which is the best ANZAC display I've ever seen. The cafe is also comfortable with a good selection.

Reviewed August 26, 2019 via mobile

My mom, 10-year-old son, and I visited for approximately 4 hours enjoying the various exhibits.
we easily could have spent another eight hours to fully take in all of the exhibits, culture, and history.
This museum is definitely worth the visit; the Gallipoli exhibit was full of vivid history, amazing artifacts and incredible sculptures.
We got an opportunity to see a Maori ceremony in front of one of their lodges and it was so very cool and moving.
Finally, there was a very cool installed art exhibit which looked like a ticker tape parade; essentially it was confetti suspended midair.
Such a worthwhile experience, hoping to go back again to complete my your of the exhibits.

Reviewed August 26, 2019

We had a quick visit here with limited time so only saw the Toi Art and racehorse exhibit, which we thoroughly enjoyed. The rest of the museum also looks very interesting, so I wish we had more time to explore the other floors. i would recommend a few hours to be able to see more than we had the opportunity to see.
Especially since this is a free museum (though donations are appreciated), I would very much recommend a visit to this museum if you are in Wellington. It would be a good family activity, with fun installations for kids, but also interesting for adults.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

Amazing work by the everyone at the te papa. filled with NZ history and fee entry. suitable for families

Date of experience: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction