2,522 results
All reviews museum hotel hippopotamus restaurant te papa art collection hot sauce great art apartment room across the road espresso machine harbour view new zealand mini bar national museum washer dryer valet parking courtney place courtenay place
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

And definitely not our last!
Fantastic boutique hotel with amazing service from all the team there.
Hippopotamus restaurant is worth booking and having a meal out.

Will be back again next time we are in Wellington

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GarthSolly, General Manager at QT Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hey there GnRB,

What a compliment! Thanks for your kind words and we can't wait to welcome you back again soon too!

I am so glad that you had a chance to enjoy the beautiful french cuisine up in Hippo, I will pass your compliments to the chef!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

QT is definitely a unique experience, and that is mostly great!

We were treated to an upgrade to a harbor view room, which was very nice. The view itself from the 1st floor was pretty good, but the unfortunate reality is that Cable Street and the museum parking lot are directly in front of the building. A google maps street view will give you an idea of what the view is, and if it is worth it. Personally, we didn't initially book the harbor view simply because we didn't see it as worth the up-charge. Still, very nice to have the free upgrade.

The room itself was very nice, and the bathroom was downright luxurious. It is obvious that a lot of attention to detail goes into the prep of these rooms. The mini bar is absolutely stocked, and I was happy to see that the prices weren't outrageous (Although I personally didn't partake in anything). Everything you would expect is there and at a level you would want. (comfortable bed, clean, lots of storage, ironing board, hair dryer, plenty of shampoo/ conditioner).

The quirkiness is well shown off on the website, and what you see is absolutely what you get during your visit. There are tons of odd and interesting art pieces and the room decor is just as goofy (in a good way). If you are looking for a quality hotel with personality, I don't know that there really are any other options.

The location makes walking to pretty much anywhere in the CBD of Wellington an easy proposition.

Really only 2 negatives of note. The first is that room service came into our room while we were out despite having the "privacy" placard on the door. Maybe that is normal, but I have never had it occur at any other hotel. We didn't need them to replace sheets or anything at that point, so it felt a bit odd.

They also tried to charge us for the room again at checkout despite us having prepaid. Luckily it was caught before they ran the card (There were some legitimate charges such as dinner).

Overall, despite some small negatives, I would certainly choose QT over any other Wellington Hotel based on the experience.

Kia Ora Mongerty,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us the lovely review! I appreciate your time.

I am so glad that you loved the room and the quirky QT touches. The Minibar is really something unique as is the sensational art around the hotel. You can spend days checking it all out!

Thanks for the comments on the room service and billing, I will check these out too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful place to stay! Bath was heavenly! Bed very comfortable and all linen very luxurious! Smack bang in the heart of the action but not noisy. Staff very helpful and attentive. Third time I have stayed - and would stay again!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello jodie1825,

Thanks for the lovely note and for taking the time to write it for us! I appreciate it a lot.

I will pass on your compliments to the team here; I know they will love reading them. I love the baths too, nice and deep and a great way to relax!

Cheers, Garth

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely and comfortable, chilly weekend made easier by the rooms central heating. Nice spacious rooms will good ammenities. Only thing that could have been better would've been back out curtains instead of the blinds.

Hello AnnekaT15

Many thanks for taking your time out to review the apartments; I am glad you had a lovely stay!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The art, the ambience, the room, the view, everything exceeded my expectations. This is a fabulous place to stay in Wellington. And the Hippopotamus restaurant is superb for a special occasion. Will definitely come back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GarthSolly, General Manager at QT Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Kia Ora Christine W,

You might be out new favourite guest here in Wellington! Thanks for the lovely review. I will pass on your compliments to the chef and the team in Hippo too!