“Perfect location”

QT Museum Wellington
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
“Perfect location”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Location is perfect for Wellington, handy walking distance to almost everything.

Rooms are great although on this stay I was given an accessible room on the second floor, my view was of the swimming pool (inside swimming lane). If my curtains were open people in the spa / pool were at eye level to me. So the curtains remained closed for the duration of my stay - this was far from ideal.

Room service: I ordered the beef rib which I was told would take 30mins to be delivered, I called back after 70mins to see how long it would take, another 15mins went by before it finally turned up almost 1 hr longer then I was advised. No one called me to advise that the beef would take longer then the standard 30mins for everything else on the menu. It was after 9pm when my room service arrived.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed for three nights. The Museum Hotel is in a great central location. We had an apartment which was exceptionally well appointed with e.g. washer/ dryer, hobs, docking station, decent fridge etc you could easily live there. There is a supermarket a 3 minute walk away and multiple restaurants a short walk away. The rooms are stylishly decorated and clean. There is a basic gym facility and decent pool and sauna. Staff were generally really helpful.
Things that need work:
Having the lobby at a "normal" temperature- it as stifling approx 26 degrees- why? (or get decent air conditioning)
Keeping the ladies toilets in the lobby clean, with some airflow, they were dirty, odoriferous and again stiflingly hot
Keeping water glasses and water available in the lobby
If the bathrooms are remodeled, tiling the open showers so the whole room doesn't flood
Installing quieter heat pumps
Would stay there again but some basic things do need improving.

Room Tip: If you want to have your curtains open then don't get a room near the pool!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Taranaki
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Have stayed years ago in the hotel studio rooms and they were 'ok', but nothing special This time stayed in an apartment and the room was great. Service in the reception and bar was friendly and efficient. This hotel is in a good location near Te Papa Museum, waterfront and near restaurants and bars, although I did miss being closer to Lambton Quay where the great shopping is. But if you know Wellington - everything is just a ten minute walk away. Would stay again. Didn't eat here but hear the Hippopotamus restaurant is excellent.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an apartment room if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
australia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was not expecting too much having stayed in a few hotels in Wellington and not been that pleased, but i was really surprised mostly on how good the service was at this hotel, very polished, professional , especially in the restaurants and bar areas.
The Decor is baroque but quite tasteful, the amenities in the rooms, or apartments, which I choose, certainly had nothing lacking, comfortable beds, my prerequisite for any hotel is a nice bed.
The location is very good for walking the waterfront venues and the museum. lots of cafes close by and the supermarket, and fresh food market across the road.
I will be staying here again, I am pleased to have found somewhere finally in Wellington

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
museumh, Owner at QT Museum Wellington, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for your review.
Chris Parkin.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 14, 2013

How did I find my stay at the Museum Hotel? Well, without gushing, it was fantastic! The executive studio, which was my home away from home, had everything I needed for the long weekend in Welly: full kitchen (including espresso machine that was needed after some late nights), ample mini-bar for entertaining (that I did take advantage of), laundry (perfect when you’re traveling light) and a great bath (fit for three, no less). But it’s the staff that made my stay, in the hotel and the city, what it was. This was evident just after checking in, when I somehow left my sunglasses on a chair in the foyer, which were promptly returned to my room before I even noticed them missing! Not long after, there was another knock on my door. “Now what have I dropped?” No, this time it was a friendly note thanking me for my return visit, as well as some complimentary beverages (greatly appreciated on a Friday afternoon, for sure).

So, an establishment with fantastic services and friendly, helpful staff who make you feel at home… seriously, what more can you ask for? A hotel that isn’t like any other, that’s what! It’s not quirky, no. Nor postmodern. Bohemian? Nah, not even that. It has a timeless elegance, thanks to the great art – and, yes, MV Agustas ARE art – and vibe, where everyone feels welcome. Just another reason why I will be returning!

Basically, the Museum Hotel personifies Wellington, which is what this review is about (and I hope it reads like that).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Cannons Creek
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

In the hart of the City, excellent spot but is a bit tired in looks and comfort, before you use Internet make sure you switch on you computer , free CBD Internet available , I paid for mine $12. Pity for the surcharge for your credit card, if we speak up a bit more and put a negative remark about the Internet and credit card fee they may take the hint.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thankyou for your comments, and particularly the alert regarding the security gate. It operates only between Midnight and 6am, which may explain why I hadn't picked up on it. Fixed now!
Chris Parkin.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I had a couple of nights here before taking the ferry across to the South Island. Our room was on the front, spacious and just what you would expect from a 4* hotel although I found it rather drab and the noise from the traffic woke me early although my husband slept soundly. In fact, I found the rest of hotel rather dark and sombre despite the artwork. Perhaps it's all the dark wood everywhere. It boasts of a pool, and in fairness, it does call it a lap-pool, but I reckon three people in the pool would feel a little crowded.
On arrival, I phoned down for some fresh pasturised milk for the tea/coffee making facilities in the room and was brought a carton of ultra pasturised and was told that was the only milk available. The next day, on our return from a long day sightseeing in Wellington, I had to ring down and ask for the room to be serviced as it hadn't been cleaned during the day. Someone came up 20 minutes later to do a perfunctory job. Hardly what you want when you are looking forward to a soak in the bath before dinner. On our return home, the bank statement showed we had been charged for a bottle of wine from the mini bar which we hadn't touched. When I contacted the hotel, the amount was refunded straight away.
The best thing about this hotel was the absolutely wonderful breakfast. It was the best breakfast we had in all our travels round this lovely country.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple