3,584 results
All reviews lambton quay great location valet parking central location would stay again bit dated cable car buffet breakfast the club lounge easy access pleasant stay good size business trip te papa new zealand lift motorway
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Good service, though a litle slower than expected getting my car on checkout, but as soon as I asked, it was looked into immediately. Accidentally got charged twice for the room - through needitnow.com then again on checkout, but no hassle getting the refund. Have stayed there previously for business and never had any problems. Easy walk to places like Te Papa, Cuba Mall, Courtney place, abundance of restaurants in the area, and the hotel has lift access directly to Lambton Quay. Was a little disappointed there was no pool.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Being locals, and after a bit of careful consideration and looking around Wellington City we decided to book into the James Cook Hotel as a treat for our wedding night. The location was perfect as is so central to town and close to our venue. The staff were fantastic letting us check in early, and we were even delivered a complimentary bottle of bubbles! The room was lovely and spacious with stunning views over looking Wellington harbour and my partner and I were SO glad we decided to stay at the James Cook. It made for the perfect end to a great day/night. Convenient parking in the building, and great desk/porter service also made for a very stress free visit.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Very nicely appointed hotel. Staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. We were traveling with friends and they thoughtfully gave us a connecting room. Nice desk area with all the amenities needed for a business travelor.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Stayed here for one night as was in town to see the All Whites play.
Hotel so easy to find as it is just off the offramp of the motorway. Deal included Free valet parking and full buffet breakfast all for $165.
Really good value, good friendly service and excellent room and a great selection at Breakfast.
Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Booked in fairly late at a rate of NZ$120, so probably shouldn't be complaining. For sub-$100US in a city, it was a decent value. I made the mistake of "upgrading" for $20/night and, after going to my room and wondering what I just spent $20 on, went back to the front desk to ask. Seems that I was in a larger "king" room. Anyway ... no view of the harbor to be had; apparently another $20 would have gotten me that amenity.

Room was fairly tired in terms of furnishings and bathroom curtain was completely soiled on the bottom.

Pros: hotel was quiet and in a great location. Parking on-site for approx NZ $30/day, which wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends