This is the second time I have stayed here and this time was equally as good. It's in a great location and you can get to it either from Lambton Quay or off The Terrace. There is parking within the same complex and a lift down to the last section of steps (Plimmer Steps), which leads directly down on to Lambton Quay for all that Wellington offers. Across from the steps is Starbucks!
Rooms whilst compact, are new, clean and comfortable and no frills. Facilities are limited and I would say that this place is probably 3.5* rather than the 4* that Qualmark has given it, but as a 1-2 night stop over joint this hotel is difficult to beat.
Particularly enjoyed a decent sleep with good black out curtains and not hearing anything else from neighbours. Often I find you can hear everything through the walls of these newer hotels - but not so this one.
Very expensive mini bar options (pack of jellies $8.50, kitkat $4.50, small pack of Pringles $6.00!) and very limited drinks in room (one choice of tea and only powdered coffee). This could be improved.
We thought that the location and room quality and newness (for the price) made up for a slow service and lack of facilities. We got a great deal of $145 (which included free parking worth $20). There's lots of restaurants and cafes near by if you don't have breakfast included or don't want to cough up $19 (continental) and $23 (full) breakfast.
Service is pleasant enough but average and they seemed short staffed - so I marked that down but overall a great stay. Would recommend and would go back and stay again. As others have said you get what you pay for and we thought it was a bargain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour, in the centre of Wellington's CBD and shopping hub. With close proximity to the city's financial hub as well as many Wellington attractions, such as Wellington Zoo, the Wellington Cable Car, the Te Papa Museum of New Zealand, and the Wellington Botanic Gardens, Travelodge Hotel Wellington is perfectly located for both business and leisure travel. We offer fantastic Wellington accommodation at great value. Join us and stay in one of our 132 hotel rooms. Our 24-hour reception assistance and friendly advice about the local area will help you to make the most of your stay. Enjoy meals and refreshments in the Steps Restaurant & Bar - the perfect place to unwind with friends or to impress clients. Room service is also available, if you would prefer to stay in your own spacious and comfortable room. Ours is one of the best-placed Wellington hotels for the smart traveller who appreciates great value and access to everything this harbourside city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Wellington Plimmer Towers Hotel Wellington
- Travelodge Wellington Plimmer Hotel
- Wellington Travel Lodge
- Wellington Travelodge