The main reasons that we selected the Travelodge at Wellington Plimmer Towers were its location and its values. For these reasons, we are pleased with our stay.
Though there is a connected parking garage, we found this wasn’t much benefiting us.
We took 2 half-day tours while staying here. The rest of the time we walked exclusively. The city center location of this hotel enabled us to do so comfortably.
What I liked:
1. This hotel location is definitely its best attribute. It locates right in the city center, shopping areas, many best restaurants are actually within walking distance.
2. The top floor suite was slightly larger and provides great views to both city streets and waterfront. In the morning, the room is sun-filled, bringing in plenty of energy to start a day. After a long day visiting the city, the windows provide calm and pleasant sights of the bay.
3. Staff is friendly and helpful. They provided me an adapter, as well as made calls arranging local pick up.
What I disliked:
1. The entrance which is oddly connected to an adjacent parking garage. It presented an initial unwelcoming feeling.
2. There is no real lobby, just a long and slightly narrow reception area. Again, I didn’t get that welcoming feeling that I had at all remaining hotels
Will I stay here again? Probably I will select other hotels nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harbour, in the centre of Wellington's CBD and shopping hub. With close proximity to the city's financial hub as well as many Wellington attractions, such as Wellington Zoo, the Wellington Cable Car, the Te Papa Museum of New Zealand, and the Wellington Botanic Gardens, Travelodge Hotel Wellington is perfectly located for both business and leisure travel. We offer fantastic Wellington accommodation at great value. Join us and stay in one of our 132 hotel rooms. Our 24-hour reception assistance and friendly advice about the local area will help you to make the most of your stay. Enjoy meals and refreshments in the Steps Restaurant & Bar - the perfect place to unwind with friends or to impress clients. Room service is also available, if you would prefer to stay in your own spacious and comfortable room. Ours is one of the best-placed Wellington hotels for the smart traveller who appreciates great value and access to everything this harbourside city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Toga Hotels, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Wellington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Wellington Plimmer Towers Hotel Wellington
- Travelodge Wellington Plimmer Hotel
- Wellington Travel Lodge
- Wellington Travelodge