“Very handy and clean”

Travelodge Hotel Wellington
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Wellington
“Very handy and clean”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Nice clean place to stay and the staff are lovely and very helpful. Checking in was a breeze. It is in a very central location with parking attached. I did really enjoy the size rooms. Would recommend

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nigel W, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Wellington, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Andrew E,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our teams service pleasant and helpful. Thank you for recommending us and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Polish first
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Central hotel, close to everything, reception staff could be more enthusiatic, but otherwise satifactory, everything in walking distance, rooms were Ok, everything you need for a quick in and out trip to wellington

Dear Linda J,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you found our location handy to everything and the room had everything you needed. I hope you would stay with us again.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Great central hotel. Small rooms but everything we needed was in the room. Staff were good and we could leave our gear there safely at no cost as we were not flying out for 8 hours after checkout. Would stay again if we could get another deal.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Richard G,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you had everything you needed. I am glad you would would stay with us again, checkout our website for updates on deals.

Hamilton
Reviewed June 11, 2014

It is handy to the business district and waterfront resturants. The room was quiet and clean with good security. The service around parking was helpful and the room was efficently allocated. Recommend.

Dear John T,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your satisfaction. Thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed two nights in mid-June. Very central and staff extremely friendly but thermostat was turned up far too high.Both of us woke up drenched in sweat both nights. Floor insulation also needs to be improved. We had requested a quiet room and certainly external noise was limited but unfortuately we had very noisy guests above us who went to bed at 12 am and got up at 5 am each morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Rj B,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry you had some noisy guests above you, if you had called reception we would have addressed this issue. Our rooms are centrally controlled however we do have opening windows and fans available on request.

I am glad you found our team friendly and I do hope you would stay with us again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights last week - bit of a mixed review and most of the negative is around housekeeping.

First the good: fantastic location! You can easily get here pretty much door to door on the airport bus for $9 you can also walk everywhere, there's a ton of shops and restaurants etc close by.

I really appreciated the black out curtains in the room - I also thought the view was great and loved that the windows opened for some natural air, I much prefer that to hotels where they are locked and there's only central air.

Now the bad:

The safe didn't work, it was flashing for low battery but still wouldn't let me input a code.

There were small holes and burn marks on the sheets that looked like they came from an iron - they also did not change the sheets for 4 nights despite me pulling them up and leaving the burnt bit abundantly clear everyday just to see what happened. I couldn't work out what would have called the holes / rips - looked like when you pull staples out of paper?

The bathroom smelt like damp permanently and it was quite off putting, think it might be time to clean out the drains or at least pour some bleach down or something?

The supplies including the toilet paper and tissues were not refilled enough they we're only restocked once I think on a 4 day stay - I didn't really like the complimentary soap and shampoo but that's a personal preference and something you get in the whole chain.

My last gripe is the Wi-Fi - but that's specific to the Travelodge brand not just this hotel - $29.95 a day!!!! I refuse to pay this but once you get outside on the ground floor there's a free network provided by the city.

The hotel also has a strange layout you enter on level 1 which you have to go up a flight of stairs to get to - then reception is 7 then rooms start on 10. I went the whole 5 days without seeing a member of staff its really quite strange - didn't try the restaurant as all the posters in the lift showed just how expensive it was ($23 for breakfast!) and there are plenty of great restaurants near by.

Overall I had a great time in Wellington and can't fault the location etc but I don't think I could see past all the little details, would I got back: probably not.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear HelenFromUKT,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you would not return to us. The safe is easily fixed if you had contacted reception we would have changed the batteries promptly. I do apologise about the sheets having burn marks that is unacceptable and I have spoken to our linen supplier regarding this. I have spoken to housekeeping regarding the other issues your found with the room and thank you for bringing it to our attention. We have a range of WiFi options in the hotel including 15 minutes free in the lobby area and multiple plans to choose from. Our breakfast price is for an all you can eat hot buffet which is very competitive to other Wellington hotels, also if you pre-book breakfast you get a significant discount.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotels central location in the city and made the most of Wellington's many attractions.

Winton
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Great place to stay, very comfortable rooms, lovely and clean. We were able to walk most places as it is very central and easy to find. Waterfront only a hop, skip and a jump away! Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Hollie D,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our central location handy to everything. I hope you will stay with us again soon.