Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor(Wellington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$84
$72
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$143
$80
$68
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
$57
$200
$163
At Home Wellington(Wellington)
$162
$157
  • Fitness center
Travelodge Hotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/02
$178
$116
Priceline
1,705 results
All reviewste papaoriental paradegreat locationfamily roomsmall balconyharbour viewsuperior roomacross the roadcourtney placevalet parkingshort walknew world supermarketfree wifitop floorcourtenay placenew zealandking bed
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We ate in the restaurant every day for breakfast, excellent views over to Te Papa and hills of Karori/Thorndon. Good food and excellent waiting staff. Especially where our daughter is celiac and intolerant to gluten. They made her Gluten Free pancakes for breakfast one day upon special request, but did not pose any problems when we requested them specially.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

A nice room, basic but clean with a good shower.The bed is very soft though. Hotel pool is dated but adequate and the restaurant 180 is nice. Reception staff let them down though - Once again booked through Wotif's mystery hotel booking, because I wanted different things on 2 nights I phoned as soon as the booking was confirmed to explain. I had 2 rooms one night and only one room the next, simple! The reception confirmed 2 rooms next to each other and one of the rooms was for 2 nights. The Wotif offer was for a harbour view room. I arrived early and phoned ahead to make sure my rooms were ready. Yep so I went to book in, only to find they only knew about one night and the rooms were not together. I explained and the receptionist said she would upgrade me for free but it took over 10 minutes to book me in. When we got to the rooms they were together but were not harbour view, at this point it was blowing a gale in Wellington so I wasn't too concerned. The next day I booked out of one room and kept the other. At 10.30 I got a call from reception saying I hadn't booked out, of course not I was staying another night. I asked them specifically not to lock me out of my room and she assured me it would be fine, guess what? When I arrived back I was locked out of my room. Luckily a maintainence man was walking by and after phoning reception he let us in but it took them 10 minutes to send someone up with working keys. All in all not a great experience from front of desk. When I mentioned it at check out the receptionist didn't seem too worried. I think they need a bit more training or maybe a caring attitude, everyone wanted to help but it just didn't work. I would probably hope for the Rydges again for the mystery stay.

Room Tip: Don't pay for on site parking, use the pay and display across the road, it's free over night from 6pm on Weekdays and from 8pm on Fridays till 8am and weekends are FREE.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Reasonably hand location on Oriental Parade. Close to Courtney Place and Te Papa but probably a bit far to walk to Lambton Quay.therw

We had a hire car and it was quite convenient having public (pay and display) carparking over the road rather than paying the hotel charges for their car park.

We got a two bed hotel room being two double beds which made the rate quite reasonable otherwise it could get a bit pricey.

We got the buffet breakfast which was alright - quite a good range of cooked items and cereals and convenient I suppose.

Overall the rooms were pretty tidy and clean and you get a nice view of the harbour.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors will give a better view and be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

For easy walking to the waterfront, Oriental Bay, Te Papa, Courtney Place etc this hotel would be hard to beat. If you need the "business" end of town there is a bus stop right at the door.
The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and has friendly, helpful staff. We requested a room with a view and had a fantastic view over the city and harbour. I loved the concept of the 7th floor area- which has the bar, restaurant and a lounge area, this would be a great hotel for groups!
The breakfast had moments of greatness and moments of flashbacks to awful school food - and we had a room next to the elevator so could hear the noise from that for a while.
Nothing that would stop me recommending this as a great place to stay in Wellington tho!

Room Tip: Ask for a view when you book- waking up to the harbour is pretty special.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Great service, everyone was very helpful. Room was excellent with beautiful harbour view. We also organized a brunch for 30 people in the hotel, and I was pleasantly surprised at how accommodating and helpful staff were in organizing fantastic food at the prices and time we wanted.
Overall we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple