“Poor service, deteriorating food quality”
Review of Fratelli

Fratelli
Ranked #47 of 963 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Me and my friends (a group of 7) went here for dinner. Strike one: we had to wait for 35 minutes for entree!!! Was only served when we followed up on it. Mains was served after more than an hour - after the entree!!! Strike two: I have been to this restaurant several times before and the food was great. This time, however, the food was below standard. Risotto was plain and under seasoned. Given the price at this place, I expected more. Strike three: I voiced out my feedback when I paid our bill, and the Maître d' had the gall to argue with me. He was not even apologetic for the poor service. So Fratelli at Blair Street in Wellington - You're Out!!!

1  Thank 140Adelle

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wellington was cold, wet and windy...surprise surprise....so after a long day and being away from home there's nothing like some magic whipped up and put in a dish to takeaway. I ordered the Chicken Risotto. Hit the nail on the head, was absolutely fabulous. On a service note waiting at the bar for my dinner somebody, anybody could have offer me a wine menu or asked if I would have licked a drink of some description....next time perhaps. That's not to say that the service was bad either, just the little details.....

1  Thank Trudy J
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great three course meal here and nice wine selection. Ambience is really pleasant and is a quieter place; decor suits wonderfully.

Food tasted fantastic even the the staples such as vegetables. Service was great and attentive but not obtrusive. The wine by the glass was excellent. The menu isn't that long but they are fantastic at what they make.

Even the coffee tasted fantastic.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Have been about 8 times in the past 2 years - often for their 3 course $35 meal deal on Tuesdays but also went last week on a Wednesday night.

Food and service are top notch and their selection of wine is well priced and the 6 of us with bread and olives as a starter, mains and coffees with 3 bottles of wine managed to get out for under $60 a head - everyone enjoyed their food.

Will happily return again.

1  Thank kiwi-traveller-PS
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Enjoyed a nice meal hear on a busy night in wellington, tried a few places that we full, and stumbled on this nice restaurant - thankfully.

Starters we great, with a great wood fire oven pushing out excellent pizzas. The spaghetti with lamb meatballs was great, the wine list featured some nice italian choices.

Recommended for small groups, business and couple a short walk from the main strip.

3  Thank AusTravel2010