“Great for Breakfast”

Cuisines: International, Bar, New Zealand, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Go for breakfast, they have a pretty good full buffet. Seem a little high end for their dinner prices.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Eight months after I had said I would bring my wife here I finally did it - for the Visa Wellington on a Plate festival. We had the set menu. For me the starter was a delicious Waikanae crab and white fish cake, while my wife had the chicken ballotine. I thought the crab and fish cake was lovely and the better of the two entrees.

For the main we both had the pesto crusted lamb, Lepanto bean cassoulet and vichy carrots. My wife loved the lamb. I enjoyed it but prefer beef so I wasn't as taken by her.

For dessert we both went for the Black Doris plum creme fraiche Bombe Alaska. It was really good, not as enjoyable as the one I had in December 2012 (which was more chocolatey!) but so good that my wife forced herself to finish hers even though she was full.

An amuse bouche of a cauliflower foam was surprisingly (I usually hate cauliflower) good, and the Schoc chocolate truffle went well with the coffee. Included with the dinner was a glass of Palliser Estate riesling which was excellent, and we added a glass of Matawhero merlot (a Gisborne vineyard making a comeback after many quiet years) which was great with the lamb.

This is a hidden gem in the Wellington restaurant scene.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Was looking forward to a night of wild food at One Eighty after a wonderful meal a couple of months ago. But this time, the food was just too complicated for the evening. Fundamentally, the the food looked attractive on the plate but the main course was stone cold. The main was served on cold plates with cold vegetable puree and a luke warm venison steak. I felt sorry for the chef who had put so much effort into the food, but they forgot the basics....that is hot food that is edible. Overall an unpleasant evening. The word degustation paints a picture of fine dining but the restaurant is a bit tired, the cutlery was the cheapest stainless steel and overall lacked atmosphere.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Excellent food & service. Staff were all friendly & very welcoming. We had the Tapas deal which was excellent value $39 for 3 Tapas & 2 glasses of wine. The tapas were enough to share, getting 3 each. The food was scrumptious. When the chef finished cooking he came into the restaurant & spoke to with all the patrons, I was very impressed. We will definitely return.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although nice & quiet we found it lacked that certain feeling, maybe a pianist playing might have been nice to add to the atmosphere. The food was fabulous, I had the beef Wellington & as I'm very fussy & like mine well done I was a bit apprehensive but it was delicious & cooked to perfection for me. The views would be lovely on a summer evening, I will definitely going back one day